The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Uwern Jong, founder & editor-in-chief of OutThere, about:
• why his preferred title is 'experientialist-in-chief'
• why publishing should be as much about delivering inspiration, as information
• why he's still in love with print ("there's nothing as tactile or experiential")
• his approach to the pandemic ("I'm a glass half full type of person and not one to wallow in doom & gloom") and helping his audience to #keepyourmindtravelling
• how the pandemic gave them a chance to take stock and work out what's really important for OutThere
• how the publishing world is taking steps to become more inclusive, but "there's still a long way to go".
• why every company should have a diversity strategy
• how travel helps expand your horizons and make you a better person
• his most memorable travel experience and which two destinations are top of his bucket list
• why he believes that publishers should focus on creating outstanding content and ditch the clickbait
• and much more
(This interview was recorded on 21st October.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, Air Business, a market-leader in distribution and subscription management services for the publishing industry. Its end-to-end service includes subscriber acquisition and marketing strategy, worldwide distribution, digital, mail and e-commerce fulfilment, and warehouse and freight logistics.