The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Alex White, MD (Food and Parenting) at Immediate Media, about:
- what it takes to create a great publishing brand
- how data is the engine room at Immediate Media
- the brilliance of the BBC Good Food editorial team at identifying and anticipating audience mood
- testing the water with paid-for content through their new app
- the multiple opportunities that have arisen from their busy Facebook community
- the editorial challenge of moving from one global crisis to another
- making loyalty & engagement their strategic priorities
- the keys to success in the competitive parenting market
- their diversity initiatives ("we're on a journey but our content is much the better for it")
- her experience as founder director of the AOP
- what excites her most about the future of consumer media
- and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 28th April.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, Air Business, a market-leader in distribution and subscription management services for the publishing industry. Its end-to-end service includes subscriber acquisition and marketing strategy, worldwide distribution, digital, mail and e-commerce fulfilment, and warehouse and freight logistics.