The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Emily Ferguson, Ecommerce Director at Marie Claire, about:
- the recent launch of Marie Claire Edit USA
- the key pillars of ecommerce success
- why the tech you use will either "make or break" your ecommerce operation
- why adopting an agile approach, based on test and learning, is so important
- how successful ecommerce relies on lots of different things (SEO, on-site optimisation etc) working in harmony
- why she makes sure she is looped into all customer services
- her advice for publishers starting on the ecommerce journey ("start small, start slow")
- and more...
(This interview was recorded on 24th March.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, Air Business, a market-leader in distribution and subscription management services for the publishing industry. Its end-to-end service includes subscriber acquisition and marketing strategy, worldwide distribution, digital, mail and e-commerce fulfilment, and warehouse and freight logistics.