The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Tabitha Stapely, founder & director of Social Streets, about:
• being a digital first publisher launching a print magazine
• their 'minimum viable product' approach
• the hyperlocal community-led journalism model
• the importance of community outreach and her aim to get people to fall in love with the place they live in
• trying to become financially sustainable as a 'community interest company'
• her journey from GQ intern to independent local publisher
• her ambition to increase UGC and make 'Roman Road London' and their other sites, platforms for the whole community
• the tech challenge facing all hyperlocal sites
• why hyperlocal publishers should unite to facilitate ad selling across sites
• why she thinks values-based publishing might be the way forward for the consumer magazine sector she used to work in
• and much more
(This interview was recorded on 18th November.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, Air Business, a market-leader in distribution and subscription management services for the publishing industry. Its end-to-end service includes subscriber acquisition and marketing strategy, worldwide distribution, digital, mail and e-commerce fulfilment, and warehouse and freight logistics.