The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Mike Sewell, managing director of CPL, about:
• the thinking behind their recent MBO and his plans for the future
• the transition from contract publisher to content marketing agency
• why storytelling skills, words and pictures are still fundamental
• why membership organisations need to work out what their message is before worrying about the channels
• why print still has a vital role to play in the content mix
• why the hero / hub / hygiene model still applies
• how Covid has accelerated pre-existing trends but also given organisations the opportunity to go back to first principles
• the challenges of onboarding new staff during a pandemic (10% of CPL's staff have started during lockdown)
• the important role the office has to play in the future
• and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 6th May.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, AdvantageCS, a leading global provider of subscription and membership management software. Capabilities include marketing, sales, payments and customer relationship software for publishers, membership associations and information providers.