The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Marie Davies, managing director at Immediate Media Co, about:
• why subs and recurring revenues are the key to success and the bedrock of their business
• why affiliates offer an exciting new revenue stream with the challenge being to create a seamless user experience
• how their craft titles have helped alleviate mental health issues during lockdown
• how the subs file on their craft titles has grown 45% in the last twelve months, partly on the back of new millennial crafters
• the strategic thinking behind the merging (digitally speaking) of all their craft brands into their new site, gathered.how
• their new weekly newsletter strategy
• how, for a specialist title, readers have a sense of ownership. The titles "belong to them".
• the importance of setting clear objectives and KPIs for social media activity
• why video will play an increasingly important role in the future of their craft titles
• why she's excited about the future: "I think the entire business is a really exciting place to be; there's always something new to learn".
• and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 1st July.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, AdvantageCS, a leading global provider of subscription and membership management software. Capabilities include marketing, sales, payments and customer relationship software for publishers, membership associations and information providers.