The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Jim Bilton, creator of the recent mediaONmedia survey, about:
• how rewatching Citizen Kane during lockdown got him looking into what other media films were out there
• how what started out as a bit of "lockdown fun" has thrown up fascinating insights into the present state of the media sector
• why a film from the 1970s encapsulates what journalism is all about
• which recent news media events might make good material for a future film
• why the newsroom provides such fertile ground for TV gold
• why former Sunday Times editor Harold Evans dominates the book lists
• the enduring appeal of Evelyn Waugh's Scoop
• why he added a supplementary question about the "most influential people in the media" and the interesting people it threw up
• how someone described by one survey respondent as "clueless and conscious-free" dominates world media today
• the prospect of Trump, the media mogul
• and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 10th June.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, AdvantageCS, a leading global provider of subscription and membership management software. Capabilities include marketing, sales, payments and customer relationship software for publishers, membership associations and information providers.