The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Helen Fish, group chief executive of Executive Grapevine, about:
• their transition from traditional publisher to marketing services company focused on lead generation
• the importance of research and understanding your readers: "you've got to walk the steps with your readers".
• how GDPR was the biggest opportunity to take market share
• why 'time on page' is the key metric
• why the future is in personalised content (though the audience might not be ready for it yet)
• delivering an outstanding experience to all stakeholders through putting people first
• the constant search for improvement: "I don't believe in relaunches; change happens daily".
• why she has no intention of going back to being an office based business
• her thoughts on the future of events - virtual vs in-person
• the critical importance of having unique, sticky content: "invest in your journalists and you will reap the rewards".
• and much more…
(This interview was recorded on 12th August.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, Air Business, a market-leader in distribution and subscription management services for the publishing industry. Its end-to-end service includes subscriber acquisition and marketing strategy, worldwide distribution, digital, mail and e-commerce fulfilment, and warehouse and freight logistics.