The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Emma Callaghan, sales & invention director at Reach Solutions, about
• how the "digital ecosystem has changed everything for publishers" although brand loyalty to newspaper brands still exists
• Reach's strategy of increasing engagement with, and understanding of, their audience through their successful registration programme
• why the close working relationship between editorial and commercial teams is a central part of their pitch to advertising partners
• how the Team Nation initiative showed what can be achieved when rival newspapers work together
• how their new Mantis brand safety tool is unlocking previously blocked content on their sites
• how they've simplified their extensive and complicated portfolio of 9 national newspapers, 110 regional newspapers and 70 online brands into easy-to-understand packages for advertisers
• why the industry must commit itself to real change when it comes to diversity and inclusion and not fall back on tick box exercises
• how Reach's customer value strategy has provided an energising focus across the entire business
• why print is still important, whilst acknowledging that, for younger readers, the route into Reach's brands will be via digital
• why she's so keen to get back into the office
• and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 4th March.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, AdvantageCS, a leading global provider of subscription and membership management software. Capabilities include marketing, sales, payments and customer relationship software for publishers, membership associations and information providers.