The InPublishing Podcast
James Evelegh talks to Ed Walker, audience and content director (regionals) and editor-in-chief of InYourArea.co.uk, at Reach PLC, about:
• what he learned working in some of Reach's regional newsrooms
• quickly growing a digital audience in Birmingham
• how InYourArea grew exponentially during lockdown
• why local journalists shouldn’t always stand back and observe, but offer solutions too
• Reach's plans for every county to have a 'Live' site by the end of next year
• why we should never stop experimenting; the day we do, we're in trouble
• why the best bit about being a journalist is seeing the difference you make
• why we should never be complacent; as in Formula 1, we can always make another tweak to enhance performance
• why a sustainable future lies through getting closer to your readers and by being relevant
• and much more...
(This interview was recorded on 13th May.)
We would like to thank our podcast sponsor, AdvantageCS, a leading global provider of subscription and membership management software. Capabilities include marketing, sales, payments and customer relationship software for publishers, membership associations and information providers.