What Are You Doing Today Your Future Self Will Thank You For?
In today's episode, anticipating an upcoming interview with Dr. Benjamin Hardy, the world's leading expert on the application of the Future Self science, we take a deep look at the deliberate practice in our lives. We analyze our behavior and what are the things we are doing today, thinking of our future selves.
We go through some quotes from Dr. Hardy’s book "Be Your Future Self Now" and examine how our daily habits impact the outcome we'll find in the future. We talk about being intentional with ourselves as soon as we clearly know what kind of leader, father, and husband we want to be in the future.
We also challenge ourselves to push our limits, engage in activities that force us to be better, constantly improve, and don't let ourselves "rest on our laurels."
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What is the deliberate practice, and how does it affect the future version of ourselves (1:19)
- Why do we miss when we think of ourselves as finished beings (3:47)
- How to make sure we don't "rest on our laurels" and why it is so important to check if we are (8:11)
- About people with fixed mindsets and the risks of constantly avoiding failure (10:45)
- Quote: Dr. Daniel Gilbert - "Human beings are works in progress that mistakenly think they're finished. The person you are right now is as transient, fleeting, and temporary as all the people you've ever been."
- Quote: Dr. Benjamin Hardy - "People with a fixed mindset have an utter lack of imagination about themselves. Due to their lack of confidence, people with a fixed mindset have a fragile identity, relentlessly avoiding any form of failure. From their fixed perspective, if they fail, then what must that failure say about them? People with a fixed mindset overemphasize and overly define their current selves, believing who they are now is their core self. Unchangeable and innate, their inner dialogue states, this is who I am and who I'm always going to be."
- Interested in Working with Clint? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unlock Your Unrivaled Momentum Training