Being a Badass Leader in Life and Business - Discover Your Inner ‘Leader’ & Learn About The Culture of Leadership with Sonia Singh
Have you ever wondered if you are capable of being an amazing leader in your life or in your business? Or if leaders are born or created? In this episode, we learn that everyone can be a leader - that everyone is born with the ability to be a leader. And, there’s always room for personal and professional growth.
Joining me on this episode of Everyday Awesome is Sonia K Singh, leadership and high performance coach and the founder of Influential Leadership Academy. Sonia believes in true, well rounded leaders and has dedicated much of her work to helping others achieve that goal and further their careers.
We discuss how mindfulness, respect, and emotional intelligence are key concepts in successful leadership. And what real, effective leadership looks like?
Sonia is a strong believer in meditation and offers some excellent tips on how to deal with the remote work distractions that so many of us are experiencing. Sonia also talks about her personal professional background, as well as her foray into teaching at the University of San Francisco.
Tune in to Episode 8 to hear Sonia’s advice on how to become a compassionate, respected leader and learn how to cope with some typical WFH stressors!
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you get yourself into the leadership game? (6:18)
- How do you work with people to develop their leadership skills? (23:25)
- How have you seen workplace culture shift since the COVID-19 pandemic has forced so many people into remote work? (32:26)
- What’s EQ and why is it an important skill for leadership? (47:27)
- Who do you think is an example of a great leader? (49:49)
- What is it that you’re doing now and can we participate? (52:14)
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The qualities that truly make someone a leader (7:00)
- The difference between being a manager and being a leader (7:57)
- How to create respect organically without demanding it (12:11)
- Why you don’t have to be a “born” leader to be a great leader (14:57)
- The importance of having a strong mission and vision for your organization (29:35)
- How meditation can be important in relieving Zoom fatigue (38:00)
- Simple tools you can learn to minimize distractions and reclaim your time (41:21)
- The importance of taking conscious screen breaks throughout the work day (44:16)
- How to Get 2 Hours Back in Your Day by Sonia Singh
Connect With Sonia