Learning to be Bravefull with NFA-Money expert Dr. Amanda
Whether we are aware of it or not, all of us have money blocks; many women think, for instance, that making more money than their partner could cause fights with them. It could be things we picked up when we were kids, or we might think that having money will change who we are. Still, the number one money block is that money causes stress; having money is stressful. What Dr. Amanda Barrientez explains to us in today's episode is that these money blocks run the show from behind the scenes, at an unconscious level.
Dr. Amanda is the Founder and CEO of No Fucking Around Money. She teaches coaches and online entrepreneurs how to heal their relationships with money, charge the fees according to their worth, work less, be happy, and make more. Dr. Amanda holds a B.A. in Psychology, a Women & Gender Studies Graduate Certificate, and a Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Colorado Boulder. Dr. Amanda is also a Mindset and Business Coach and host of the Max Potential Money podcast.
Dr. Amanda shares the things everyone needs to know about money, but no one is willing to say. We explore why most women don't feel comfortable talking about money and the devastating effects on our lives, relationships, and careers. She kindly shares bits of her past relationship with money, the shame she felt using food stamps to buy groceries, and the rest of the money blockers she had to deal with.
Questions I Ask:
- How do you make people feel comfortable talking about money? (2:48)
- Do people actually have that fear that they'll lose their friends if they make money? (4:27)
- How did you go from food stamps to No Fucking Around? What was your timeframe? (10:32)
- When did you decide to let go of the shame? What were the steps that you took to do that? (16:16)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- A bit about people's money blocks (3:18)
- The number one money block (5:23)
- About the power we feel when we let the shame leave our bodies (8:34)
- The difference between eliminating shame and fear and learning how to deal with them (19:34)
- The relationship between being a control freak and being afraid (27:13)
- NFA Money website
- Max Potential Money podcast
- Book: Darlene Lancer - Codependency for Dummies
- Book: T. Harv Eker - The Secrets of The Millionaire Mind
- Book: Gay Hendricks - The Big Leap
- Book: Gay Hendricks - The Genius Zone
Connect with Dr. Amanda: