Leading with Kindness, Taking a Chance, and Saying YESSSS!
Tracy's husband, Dave Parkinson, had a radio show when they were in their mid-'20s, in which she started participating as an anti-racist activist. Both Tracy and Dave had strong convictions against racism, poverty, and all kind of injustices, and one day, destiny dropped Jimmy Dennis' case on their laps. Mr. Dennis was convicted for robbing and murdering a 17 years old girl in Philadelphia and sentenced to death at 21. Tracy decided to write him a letter, asking for information about his case, and what she got back would change her life. Dennis sent a 28 pages-long letter with information and legal documents proving his innocence; Tracy and Dave believed him. From that day, they started advocating for Dennis' innocence and liberation. More than 20 years later, Jimmy Dennis proved his innocence and walked free, but that was a tiny piece of Tracy's fantastic story.
Tracy Lamourie is a High Profile International Award Publicist, Founder & Managing Director at Lamourie Media, Inc. She is also a well-known long-time advocate on many critical worldwide issues, passionate about amplifying important messages and being a voice for those who most need one. Tracy is the author of "GET REPPED," and she was featured in Rolling Stone, NBC TV, CBC, Huff Post & over 200 TV, radio, podcast, and several panel appearances.
In this episode, we talk about Tracy's unique and inspiring story. She takes us on a trip through an intoxicating conversation about how she touched and changed lives and destinies following her passions and convictions. Tracy explains how she decided to use the skills learned with years of activism and advocating for innumerous causes to start her own company. We also talk about the importance of taking action in front of any injustice, even when what we can do seems small.
Tune in to Episode 3 of the Second Season of Bravefull, and get ready to meet a smart activist, a brilliant advocate, and most importantly, a beautiful human being.
Some Questions I Ask:
- You helped free an innocent man. Was that something you focused on? Or is it something that you fell upon? (4:12)
- You're embracing human rights. Meanwhile, you're doing your other job. How did the two come together? (17:49)
- If somebody wanted to write a book, could they come to you, and you'd help them find a publisher? Or what would you do? (27:30)
- What are some of the big activist projects that you're championing today? (38:11)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How innocent can this guy be? The start of a new life (5:38)
- Tracy's first light bulb moment (19:33)
- How it was to be in the credits of a Rosa Parks movie, one of the legends in Tracy's world (21:36)
- How Tracy helps people be successful in her unique way (32:48)
- Two books and a person that inspired Tracy along the way (43:48)
- Tracy Lamourie Media website
- Book: Tracy Lamourie - GET REPPED!: Build Your Brand with Effective Public & Media Relations
- Jimmy Dennis on Apple Music
- My Life with Rosie on Apple TV
- HiBnB website
- Song: Bolu - Make it Right. YouTube
- Book: Viktor Frankl - Man's Search For Meaning
- Book: Lewena Bayer - The 30% Solution
Connect with Tracy:
- Email: email@example.com