How to Embrace the Storm of Life and Tell a Bravefull Story
After having her first suicidal thought when she was around 5, Stormi Lewis started seeing herself as divided between good and evil Stormi. As a product of the "don't ask, don't tell, and you'll be fine" parenting style, she quickly understood she shouldn't talk about that with her parents, so she sought and found shelter in books.
Although she didn't know what was going on with her (she was diagnosed with bipolar personality and ADHD disorder at 22), Stormi understood the need to develop her bag of tricks to survive, and so she did.
Stormi Lewis is the Founder and CEO of Chasing Stormi. The author of The Sophie Lee Trilogy, Surviving the Storm, Fuel for the Storm, and the Bookish Chatter podcast host. Her writing style focuses on never being alone and conquering our storms with style, class, and a bit of sass. Stormi grew up dealing with Bipolar disorder, ADHD, and anxiety, plus a people-pleasing addiction that would put her life at risk several times.
In this episode, Stormi takes us on a trip through the crazy weather of her life, the multiple storms she conquered, and the critical role books played in her life. We dive deep into the darkest moments of her life, the dangerous situations in which her people-pleasing addiction put her, and the bag of tricks she developed that saved her life on more than one occasion. We also talk about the difficulties she faced growing up in a family where certain things are not mentioned nor discussed and how that environment made her develop her people-pleasing traits.
Some Questions I Ask:
- I would like to talk about you and your "surviving the storm" journey. Could you talk a bit about that? (2:49)
- Even after all these years, your family still does not acknowledge your condition? (22:16)
- How have you taken all of what happened in your life and channeled it into something so brave? (25:21)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How books saved Stormi's life (3:11)
- About finding our best moment to be creatives and embrace it (6:52)
- How Stormi managed to come up with her own bag of tricks to survive (11:11)
- A moment of relief for Stormi. The day she knew she was right - something was wrong with her, and it wasn't her fault (19:45)
- A big aha moment. Even if we don't take things personally, it doesn't mean we don't absorb the energy of negative words (38:13)
- Chasing Stormi LLC website
- Bookish Chatter podcast
- Book: Stormi Lewis - The Key: A Plot Twisting Thriller Mystery
- Book: Stormi Lewis - The Protector: A Plot Twisting Thriller Mystery
- Book: Stormi Lewis - Surviving the Storm: Stories of Personal, Everyday Challenges Conquered
- Book: Stormi Lewis - Fuel for the Storm
- Book: Jennifer Alwood - Fear Is Not the Boss of You
- Book: Jen Sincero - You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- Book: Mindy Kaling - Why Not Me?
- Dauchys Meditations website
Connect with Stormi:
- Email: email@example.com