Shaping The Future Of Healthcare
The Importance of Radiology in Developing Nations with Dr. Suresh de Silva | Christoph Zindel
Economic disparities around the world are an unfortunate reality. The past year has made it clearer than ever that the availability of quality healthcare for everyone benefits the whole. Globalization has forged a connection that strengthens our sense of humanity. With that sentiment in mind, it’s important that those who can help recognize that they bear a responsibility to lift up the whole.
In this episode, Managing Board Member Christoph Zindel talks to Dr. Suresh de Silva, founder of Radiology Across Borders, a global charity that provides education and programs in radiology to help save lives in developing nations. Dr. de Silva is a fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists and also an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at UNSW and an Oncological/Urological radiologist.
In today’s conversation, you’ll hear about the positive global impact of Dr. Suresh de Silva’s organization, Radiology Across Borders. Their numerous projects are helping not only with treatment, but also with screening and prevention in populations that need greater access to medical technology and care. You’ll also hear important perspectives on the impact and future possibilities of AI in medical care. Additionally, the conversation covers the realities of starting a global charity from the ground up, and delves into the mindset of a founder who has successfully made an impact on countless lives around the world.
Some Questions Asked:
- What projects are you currently focused on? (9:21)
- What's your vision of the role of AI-supported radiology in the future? (17:43)
- How can other organizations learn from Radiology Across Borders? (26:27)
- How have you been affected privately and professionally by this pandemic? (34:56)
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The important role radiology plays in healthcare (4:52)
- The biggest potential impact of AI (20:51)
- The realities of creating a charity organization (29:15)
- Comparing the differences between recent pandemics (37:20)
Connect with Dr. Suresh de Silva:
Connect with our Managing Board Member, Christoph Zindel: