Shaping The Future Of Healthcare
Digital Transformation in the Healthcare Sector with John Glaser | Christoph Zindel
Today, we have watches that can note when your heart rate or blood pressure is up and warn you before it becomes a critical medical emergency. This digitalization of devices-related healthcare services has grown due to increased innovation around sensors’ technology and the advancement of data analytics. The benefits that come with it, have made the industry embrace it across other domains such as diagnostic and treatment.
In this episode, Managing Board Member Christoph Zindel is joined by John Glaser, Executive in Residence at Harvard Medical School, and President of the American Telemedicine Association. He’ll share with us his insight on the progress of digitalization in the healthcare industry as well as what needs to be done to accelerate it.
In today’s conversation, you’ll learn about the existing digitally enabled healthcare services and the technology that has made them possible. You’ll also learn about the risks that come with the digitalization of this critical service sector. Additionally, you’ll hear about the obstacles that have made the sector lag behind other industries in terms of digital transformation.
Some Questions Asked:
- What digitally-enabled healthcare services are currently available? (01:59)
- What are the biggest opportunities in digitalizing the healthcare sector? (06:56)
- What can be done to accelerate healthcare’s digital transformation? (18:28)
- What can the healthcare industry learn from other industries in terms of digitalization? (23:21)
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- The impact that modern sensors are having on the medical services industry (03:57)
- Risks that come with the digital transformation of healthcare systems (11:50)
- Mistakes that are made in approaching AI algorithm development within the healthcare industry (14:11)
- Things that shape digital transformation (21:55)
Connect with John Glaser:
Connect with our Managing Board Member, Christoph Zindel: