Life Sunny-side Up
Divorce, abandonment, loosing it all, and rising from the ashes. An inspiring story with Amanda Didia
Is there a recipe to overcome the difficult times?
No two stories are alike, and we all go through turning points in our lives, that define who we become. Amanda believes one of the most important ingredients that everyone needs is faith. It’s having faith in God and in things we can’t see, and faith that our story doesn’t end in the rough times.
In today’s episode, my friend, Amanda, and I are having a chat about divorce, blended families, and coming back from the ashes.
Amanda Didia has experienced abandonment, betrayal, mutual affairs, losing it all, to coming back to where she is today, happily married to her husband, John. They share four beautiful children together, that make up their blended family. She and her husband are also full-time caregivers of his quadriplegic brother. She says that it’s not an easy task, but God’s grace has taught her to become humble and patient, and it has made her family strong, despite all the odds.
She is such an overcomer, and she’s been through a lot!
So, listen to Episode 19 of Life Sunny Side Up, to find out the story of a beautiful, powerful and amazing woman, who never gave up hope that her life is going have a happier ending.
Questions I ask:
- You got married at 18. How did that marriage go down? (07:49)
- You meet your second husband and he has a daughter who is a toddler that you become a step-parent to. Tell us about that. How did that happen? (11:49)
- How did your relationship to God grow or change or how was it affected? (15:11)
- How do you handle the pressure of the blended family and of being a caregiver? (24:43)
- What would your message be, Amanda, to someone that is really struggling and they are feeling like a victim and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? (29:29)
In this episode, you will learn:
- Amanda’s background story. (03:12)
- The story of Amanda’s first miscarriage. (09:24)
- Why it was hard for Amanda to take the decision of getting divorced again, after her second husband cheated on her. (13:46)
- The story of how John entered her life and what was it like for her to trust another man. (21:01)
- Amanda’s advice for successfully blending a family together. (34:44)
Connect with Amanda: