Episode #5: You Can’t Sprint a Marathon - US Vaccination: The View from Primary Care - with Dr. Deep Shah
Welcome to Episode #5 of Shifts Happen with Dr. Deep Shah.
Dr. Deep J. Shah, M.D., M.Sc. is a board-certified primary care physician and executive at Gwinnett Clinic, a pioneering primary care and multi-specialty medical practice in metro Atlanta. Gwinnett Clinic has been a market leader in COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccination. Dr. Shah was recently tapped to serve on a COVID-19 task force by U.S.
In this episode, we talk about:
- UK experience of using Primary care is working well - US could learn from this!
- Having the right people do the right work makes a big difference - here its physicians and clinical staff from primary care delivering vaccinations who can provide wider healthcare at the same time.
- Build in agility to your plans - with changes in supply (vaccine) and staff you need to be able to respond - Meet your customers/patients where they are. Instead of building something new, take your service and teams out to communities.
- Don’t re-invent the wheel. If there is already infrastructure and teams in place - look at how to add to those - build in flexibility (or a dynamic workforce) where a workforce already exists.
Learn more about the content discussed in this episode:
- Connect with Dr. Berkey via LinkedIn here.