Trailer for Episode #4: Vaccination Kickstarts Collaboration and a Flexible Team
Welcome to the trailer for Episode #4: Vaccination Kickstarts Collaboration and a Flexible Team of Shifts Happen with Dr. Richard Berkley, a Partner and a GP at The Orchard Medical Centre since 1995.
In this episode, we will be talking about:
- Plan for the long term even if something appears to be a short term ‘urgent’ response (turns out the vaccine rollout won’t be short term but it may have looked like that at the start) - short term goodwill won’t build long term sustainability
- Build something ‘outside’ of business as usual with additional staff that can support existing staff to form a flexible pool you can use ongoing - this will prevent burnout of your current staff who may be able to help short term but in the long term that isn’t sustainable.
- Think ‘flexible’ from the outset - find volunteers and hire part time staff who can complete shorter, more manageable shifts instead of hiring full time.
- Where possible manage supply… use stock effectively, keep shifts short and manageable and from a big enough pool of workers so you can keep the ‘factory’ open every day.
- Look at what new opportunities this brings - while the initial effort may have been significant and hard (financial figuring out, legal landscape to navigate, IT to set up) now it’s done, look ahead to where this new collaboration across teams can help everyone. Fueled by urgency, look at the long term benefits too.
Let's make shifts happen!