The Sloppy Boys
147. Spiked Watermelon
The guys try that thing where you cut a hole in a watermelon and stick a bottle of vodka in there.
SPIKED WATERMELON RECIPE:
Inject or insert one pint bottle (375ml) of vodka into a whole watermelon. Allow melon to rest refrigerated for 24 hours before serving.
View all episodes
163. Ve.n.to01:09:18The guys finally get past the weird name and weird ingredients and tackle the newest cocktail on the IBA list.VE.N.TO RECIPE1.5oz/45ml White Smooth Grappa.75oz/22.5ml Lemon Juice.5oz/15ml Honey Syrup*.5oz/15ml Chamomile Cordial.33oz/10ml Egg WhitePour ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled tumbler glass filled ice. Garnish with lemon zest and white grapes.*If desired, replace water with chamomile tea.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
162. Brandy Old Fashioned Sour01:11:46The guys continue their Thanksgiving tradition with another Old Fashioned variation.BRANDY OLD FASHIONED SOUR RECIPE2oz/60ml brandy3 dashes Angostura bitters2 orange slices2 brandied or maraschino cheries1 sugar cubeSour mix, to topAdd bitters, orange slices, cherries and sugar cube to an Old Fashioned glass and muddle to combine. Add ice to fill the glass, then add the brandy. Top with sour mix, and stir to chill. Garnish with a skewered cherry and an orange slice.Recipe via Liquor.com
161. Angry Balls01:03:23The guys combine Angry Orchard Crisp Apple and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky for a seasonal (regional?) treat!Recipe via fireballwhisky.comAvailable in select stores
160. French Martini58:12The guys revisit an ‘80s smash that is neither French nor a martini.FRENCH MARTINI RECIPE1.5oz/45ml Vodka.5oz/15ml Raspberry Liqueur.5oz/15ml Pineapple JuicePour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon peel, squeezing oil from peel onto the drink.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
[UNLOCKED] Best Fall Facet52:19Enjoy this [UNLOCKED] episode of The Sloppy Boys Blowout, our weekly bonus episode available to Patreon subscribers.The boys debate the finest facets of fall.Visit patreon.com/thesloppyboys for more!
159. Fall Highball01:05:34The guys attempt an autumnal fizzer from Kalpy's test kitchen.FALL HIGHBALL RECIPE2oz/60ml Whiskey Apple Soda to topPour whiskey into a highball glass filled with ice. Top up with apple soda. Sip while thinking about a gourd.Recipe via Kalpy
158. Black Lagoon58:10The guys enter Dutts' test kitchen for a spooky experiment featuring "the molasses of the sea."BLACK LAGOON RECIPE1.5oz/45ml Whiskey.75/22ml Lemon Juice.3oz/10ml Eel SauceCombine ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.Recipe via Dutts
157. Tipperary01:02:14The guys exhume an ancient whiskey cocktail that first appeared in the 1916 printing of “Recipes for Mixed Drinks” by Hugo R. Ensslin.TIPPERARY RECIPE1.7oz/50ml Irish Whiskey.85oz/25ml Sweet Red Vermouth.5oz/15ml Green Chartreuse2 dashes Angostura BittersPour all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain into chilled martini cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange slice.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
156. Three Wise Men01:03:53Three Wise Men for Three Wise Guys on the pod's three year anniversary. Honestly, it's a just a huge coincidence. THREE WISE MEN SHOT RECIPE1/2 ounce Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky1/2 ounce Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey1/2 ounce Jim Beam Bourbon WhiskeyGather the ingredients. Pour into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well. Strain into a shot glass and....well, you know the rest ;) (Recipe via The Spruce Eats)