The Sloppy Boys
138. Tommy's Margarita01:05:58The guys make a popular margarita variant from Tommy's in San Francisco-- the first venue-specific cocktail to be added to the IBA list.TOMMY'S MARGARITA RECIPE2oz/60 ml Tequila Reposado 100% Agave1oz/30 ml Fresh Lime Juice1oz/30 ml Agave SyrupPour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well with ice, strain into a chilled rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime slice.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
137. Sangria01:03:40The guys batch up a Dionysian crowdpleaser in celebration of their new single, Gardens of Gomorrah, available now!SANGRIA RECIPE1 bottle Dry Red Wine1/2 cup Orange Juice1/2 cup Brandy1 Orange, cut into wedges1 Lemon, cut into wedges1 Apple, cored and diced2 tbsp SugarIn a large pitcher, muddle sugar and fruit for 30 seconds. Add brandy and orange juice and muddle again. Add wine and stir (many suggest letting Sangria steep refrigerated overnight.) Serve in a wine glass with ice. Garnish with orange wheel.Recipe via Liquor.com
136. Pisco Sour55:39The guys make an earthy sour using Pisco-- a distilled, fermented grape juice claimed by both Peru and Chile as their national liquor. Plus, Dutts goes solo as a pop singer.PISCO SOUR RECIPE2oz/60ml Pisco1oz/30ml Lemon Juice.66oz/20ml Simple Syrup1 egg whiteAdd all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled goblet glass. Garnish with a few dashes of Amargo bitters.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
[EMERGENCY INSTANT UNLOCKED] Best Band Name49:53This episode of The Sloppy Boys Blowout has been [EMERGENCY INSTANT UNLOCKED] due to changing circumstances within the band.Mike and Tim confront Jeff about his resigning as The Sloppy Boys' drummer, then they discuss their favorite band names and crown the very best!Visit patreon.com/thesloppyboys to gain access to The Sloppy Boys Blowout, Questions for Lennon, our Discord, and more!
135. Mary Pickford01:07:25The guys shake up a pineappley Prohibition-era cocktail named for a star of the silver screen.1.5oz/45ml White Rum1.5oz/45ml Pineapple Juice.25oz/7.5ml Maraschino Liqueur.17oz/5ml Grenadine SyrupPour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
134. Kir Beer01:00:36The guys make a springy beer cocktail featuring everybody's favorite-- blackcurrant!KIR BEER RECIPE12oz bottle Miller High LifeSplash of Crème de CassisOpen the bottle and drink down part of the neck. Add crème de cassis into the bottle. Mix lightly. Enjoy in the bottle or pour out into your favorite cocktail glass.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
133. Acid-Adjusted Orange Juice Whiskey Sour56:50The guys add citric acid powder to orange juice in order to free Joe Saunders from the clutches of the Trickster.ACID-ADJUSTED ORANGE JUICE WHISKEY SOUR RECIPE1.5oz/45ml Bourbon Whiskey.8oz/25ml Acid-Adjusted Orange Juice*.66oz/20ml Simple Syrup.66oz/20ml Egg White (optional)Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into chilled cocktail glass, or an old fashioned glass filled with ice.*To adjust orange juice, add 52 grams of citric acid powder per liter.For a handy breakdown of acid-adjustment, check out this article from Vinepair featuring celebrity bartender Jack Schramm.
132. Kir01:09:29The guys keep the cassis train rollin' with a traditional French wine cocktail that rose to prominence in the wake of World War II.KIR RECIPE3oz/90 ml Dry White Wine.33oz/10 ml Crème de CassisPour Crème de Cassis into glass, top up with white wine. (For a Kir Royal, use Champagne instead of white wine.)Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (https://www.iba-world.com/)
131. Russian Spring Punch50:44Spring has sprung! The guys make another 80's cocktail from Londoner Dick Bradsell.RUSSIAN SPRING PUNCH RECIPE.8oz/25ml Vodka.8oz/25ml Lemon Juice.5oz/15ml Creme de Cassis.33oz/10ml Simple Syruptop up with Sparkling WinePour ingredients (except sparkling wine) into a cocktail shaker. Shake well with ice, strain into a chilled tall glass filled with ice, and top up with wine. Garnish with blackberries and optionally, a lemon slice.Recipe via the International Bartenders Association (www.iba-world.com)