The Chronically Courageous with Bonni Howard
How He Defied His Prognosis & Rewrote His Story with Paul Forchione
As an infant, Paul was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, a medical condition that causes paralysis of one side of the body. His mother was told he would be bound to a wheelchair for the rest of his life, but she refused to accept that prognosis and made it her mission to find a specialist that was willing to help.
After many grueling years of intense physical therapy and a life changing surgery Paul not only learned to walk, but went on to play varsity level baseball in high school. Despite all of the challenges put before him, he had the perseverance and mindset to overcome it all.
Today Paul is a successful life coach and he teaches others to rewrite their stories, just as he did, so that they can live their best lives.
Some things you’ll learn:
- About Paul (1:11)
- About Cerebral Palsy (2:25)
Some questions Bonni asks Paul:
- Did you ever hit a wall where you wanted to give up? (21:15)
- How did you motivate yourself to get through the challenging times and go on to play varsity baseball? (23:43)
- What do you do to keep yourself in a positive space each day? (26:35)
- For people who are convinced that there’s no way they can get past their diagnosis, what would you tell them? (28:28)
- What tools can people implement now to take their lives in a better direction? (29:29)
- If you could go back and make your life easier would you? (32:15)
- How do you define courage? (34:43)
Connect with Paul:
Connect with Bonni: