Getting Personal on Personal Branding with Christine Gritmon
This week, we talk about personal branding with Christine Gritmon, a personal branding expert and senior editor of the Social Media Pulse Community. Learn how you should start your personal brand, what things to avoid, and more in this episode!
· 00:56 - Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· 01:09 - Are there any specific coffees that you like?
· 01:44 - Can you summarize your expertise to our listeners?
· 02:17 - What are the benefits of crafting a personal brand?
· 03:53 - How should someone craft their personal brand?
· 06:08 - The toughest questions are figuring out the "why?"
· 08:17 - Should you add the "why" to choosing social media platforms?
· 10:17 - Even podcasters, in the beginning, hate the sound of their voice.
· 11:00 - It's always the first time you start it buys you.
· 11:25 - What mistakes should people avoid with their personal brands?
· 13:32 - Just like podcasts, your personal brand should have a niche.
· 15:42 - Do you recommend any tools for content?
· 21:03 - Recommend Davinci Resolve free version.
· 22:37 - Subscription models
· 23:13 - Finding alternatives to Adobe suite.
· 24:43 - Should you create a persona for your personal brand?
· 28:16 - Nobody likes perfect characters, so you should not be perfect?
· 29:28 - Using Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey.
· 34:56 - Discern when and how you should apologize.
· 37:11 - What do you think personal branding is going to look like in the next five years?
· 41:43 - Discussing Web3
· 42:12 - Being careful with cryptocurrency
· 43:11 - Fun question: If you had nothing to do all day, how would you relax?
· 45:33 - Where can people find you online?
· 46:02 - Final thoughts
Our Guest Today:
· Christine Gritmon was our guest today.
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!
● If you want to get involved, leave us a comment!
● Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn!
Thanks for listening!