new/meta - Your Digital Marketing Podcast
Episode 1 - Spiro Khouri | The Gaming Stadium
Season 1, Ep. 1
In this show we discuss:
- Spiro's background and how each of his positions at different companies allowed him to mesh all of his favourite things into one career in esports. He also used his role working at a casino to catapult the idea of having a dedicated esports lounge that could cater to the esports community while also increasing foot traffic at the casino.
- How loyal gamers are to brands that invest in the esports space, not just financially, but are there because they want to be a part of the community outside of just generating revenue for their bottom line. Companies that are actually interested in the esports space will go farther than ones who spend dollars without showing any interest.
- How The Gaming Stadium went from an idea to an actual facility. We also discuss The Gaming Stadium's business model, how esports events will be held, as well as the training program they are developing.
- Breaking the stigma of esports and transforming it from kids playing games in a basement to a growing community that allows for like-minded people to have somewhere to go to meet new people, join a community and grow their esports skills.
- How esports has become more popular as streaming and watching videos has shifted from YouTube to Twitch. This shift now allows streamers to monetize their content more easily and also expands the topics that the platform can support.
- Marketing in the esports space. How a company must adapt the marketing to tailor to different audiences and different games.
- The difference of game popularity on a global scale and how certain games are more popular in some countries compared to others.
View all episodes
14. New Meta E. 14 - David van Keulen | Donia Farms45:37In New Meta episode 14, Blue Meta CEO Nick Bideshi and VP Business Development Jay Lundgren chat with David van Keulen of Donia Farms.. Donia Farms has been a family business dating back to the 1950's, and their current line of consumer products has helped them evolve the business from its production roots. Nick and Jay chat with David about the importance of trust in the food industry, as well the impact of brand and social media on small businesses.
13. New Meta E. 13 - Tyson Ediger | Drake Meats39:57Blue Meta CEO Nick Bideshi and CMO Ricky Bandelin chatted with Tyson Ediger of Drake Meats about the growth of ecommerce, the launch of a new Drake Meats brand, and the future of consumer behaviour.
12. New Meta E. 12 - Jan Arntorp | Sanderson Concrete44:32Blue Meta CEO Nick Bideshi chats with owner of Sanderson Concrete Jan Arntorp. They focus their discussion how the pandemic has impacted their business, leadership, decision making, and more.
10. New Meta Episode 10 - Corbin Chivers55:24In New Meta episode 10 Nick sits down with Corbin Chivers, a local Surrey & Langley realtor, to talk about how the market is being affected by the pandemic. Corbin outlines what home buyers and sellers should be looking out for and discusses the changes in the housing market. The team also discusses what to do as a small business during the pandemic with the key message: do not panic. Check out what these two business owners have to say about making it through these turbulent times.
9. New Meta Ep 9 - Chris Hardwick50:04In New Meta episode 9 Nick chats with TECH Chair Chris Hardwick on business through a pandemic. Get advice as a business owner on how to move ahead as the pandemic changes consumer behaviour and the way people communicate and interact with each other. Take a measured data driven approach to cut marketing costs. The duo covers everything from cash flow to how to position yours sales and marketing team to get the best growth through and after this global pandemic.
8. New Meta Ep 8 Three Peaks50:58In New Meta episode 8 Nick and Ricky sit down with Paul from Three Peaks Health. In this episode, the team discusses best practices to promote company culture and attract top employment. Using company values they cover the importance of sharing company culture on social media to help create a stronger community.
7. New Meta Ep 7 Fuggles & Warlock44:50In New Meta episode 7 Nick and Aaron sit down with Fuggles & Warlock owner Glen. In this episode the guys cover how the brand is changing as they grow and learning to create consistency in their design. And outlining the changes in the craft brewery industry and how the changes affect the brand as it grows.
6. Episode 6 - Steffen Janzen - Picnic Creative46:48Steffen Janzen sits down with our New Meta team to talk about starting his new agency. Learn more about the use of micro influencer's on New Meta ep. 6.