Music Business Podcast
Succeeding as an Independent Artist with Saba’s Manager Rory Webb
Managing Saba From The Ground up with Rory Webb.
In this episode we sit down with Rory Webb, Manager to hip-hop artist Saba. Saba was recently featured on J. Cole's Revenge of the Dreamers III and had one of the most critically acclaimed albums last year. Rory is generally known in the industry for being an all around smart guy and has propelled Saba's career exponentially since the beginning of their partnership.
In this episode we discuss...
- How he and Saba came to work together
- The dynamics of co-managing an artist
- What he thinks are the benefits of being independent managers vs. management teams?
- What’s made him and Saba decide to stay independent and what artists should ask themselves when contemplating that choice?
- How he’s approached expanding the team as Saba has grown and remained independent
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Thank you for listening!