Music Business Podcast
Forecasting the Future of Music and Tech with Cherie Hu
In this episode, we sit down with Cherie Hu an experienced music industry analytics, freelance writer, and owner of the independent media ecosystem Water & Music. Cherie’s expertise in the music industry lies at the intersection of music and tech, of which she provides her insight and updates on via her newsletter and podcast. Outside of her own media properties, she’s been freelanced to write for publications including, Billboard, Forbes, Music Business Worldwide, Rolling Stone, and many more.
In this episode we discuss…
- How VR & AR are and will continue to have an impact in the music industry
- What start-ups have caught her attention in the music tech space.
- What are the similarities she’s noticed between startups/startup ecosystem and the music industry/musicians.
- What she feels are some of the most underrated technologies or apps for music industry professionals and musicians?
- The impact of the democratization of creativity in the music industry.
As always never hesitate to leave a review or reach out to @musicbusinesspodcast Instagram with any feedback or ideas. Thank you for listening!
Check out Cheries podcast here: https://waterandmusic.transistor.fm/
And her newsletter her: https://mailchi.mp/9ab07d2b7dc4/waterandmusic