Music Business Podcast
Breaking Talent with Andrew Keller, Founder of We Few Group
In this episode of the podcast we sit down with We Few Group founder Andrew Keller. We Few Group manages Rence, Samica, and Kings while also working on brand partnership ventures. This came after an extensive career at a few notable major labels. Beginning with a 13 year run starting all the way from a high school A&R scout internship position with Columbia records. During this time he was a part of a part of signing and managing artists including, Dillion Francis, Krewella, St lucia and more. He then went on to become the Senior VP A&R at Universal’s Capitol Records for a few years.
In this episode we discuss….
- Acquiring a pulse for a range of sub cultures and genres
- What are his thoughts on what makes a great A&R
- What were defining moments in the ascension of Krewella and ZHU’s careers
- Takeaways from having survived a time period of heavy layoffs in the music industry
- The strategies around approaching the music industry on an international scale