Hope For The Warriors Podcast
Every Day is Veterans Day | Honoring Our Heroes Year-Round
The Hope For The Warriors Podcast celebrates Veterans Day with a special episode featuring Lee Bonar and Scott Griffith, a pair of veterans and HOPE employees who share their insights on why Veterans Day is important and delve into the meaning behind the common phrase, "Thank you for your service." In this thought-provoking conversation, Lee and Scott discuss their experiences and the profound significance of this national holiday. Listeners will gain a deeper appreciation for Veterans Day and better understand how to express gratitude to those who have served our nation. They’ll also learn about HOPE's valuable resources for service members and their families. Join us in honoring and acknowledging the bravery and dedication of our veterans in this enlightening conversation.
View all episodes
7. Money Matters | Charting a Path to Financial Freedom37:10October is Financial Wellness Month, an immensely significant topic for military families. In this episode, we're honored to have two incredible guests, Shelley Rodriguez, HOPE's Director of Clinical Case Management and Financial Wellness, and Nicole Howard, HOPE's Lead Intakes Coordinator, as they guide us through a journey of strategies, resources, and inspiring stories that can truly empower military families on their path to financial wellness. Whether you're a veteran seeking essential financial guidance, a devoted family member searching for ways to support your loved ones, or simply someone looking to grasp the profound importance of financial wellness in the lives of veterans, this episode is tailored just for you.Here are some Financial Wellness Resources that Shelley shared for this episode.National Foundation for Credit CounselingEveryDollar Budgeting AppMint Budgeting InformationGoodbudget: Budget with a Why
6. Bonus Episode | Power of Peers01:13:56Join us for a powerful and insightful discussion on suicide prevention featuring four distinguished veterans: Kevin Bittenbender, Tony Romano, Scott Griffith, and John Rose. This panel brings together their collective experiences, wisdom, and dedication to addressing the critical issue of suicide within the veteran community and beyond.Take the Power of Peers Pledge Download the Columbia Protocol App Veterans Crisis Line Information
5. Voices of Valor | Uniting for Suicide Prevention Month41:54Join us in September for a special edition of the Hope For The Warriors podcast as we observe Suicide Prevention Month. In this episode, we sit down with two remarkable veterans who share their inspiring and powerful stories of resilience, recovery, and hope. Together, we explore the critical importance of mental health support within the veteran community and beyond. Tune in and be inspired by their journeys and learn how we can all play a role in preventing suicide and promoting mental well-being. Let's come together to make a difference and spread hope during this important awareness month.Additional Resources:Columbia Protocol AppPower of the Peers PledgeVeterans Crisis Line
4. Knowledge is Power | Back-to-School Edition34:29Attention all military families! Are you gearing up for a new school year amidst the unique challenges of military life? Welcome to this "back to school" episode dedicated to empowering and guiding military families as they navigate the educational landscape. Join us as we bring you valuable insights, expert advice, and heartwarming stories to ensure a successful academic journey for your children. In this episode, you'll hear from a military advocate and Ph.D. student, Karla Seijas, who experienced firsthand the challenges, lessons, and benefits of multiple moves. You'll also deeply dive into resources with HOPE's Director of Strategic Alliances, Jordan Huffman. We've got you covered, from tips on transitioning schools to finding ways to connect in your community.
3. Resilient Hearts | Unlocking the Power of Self-Care35:36In today’s fast-paced world, it’s crucial to carve out time for self-care and create habits that nourish your mind, body, and soul. We understand that self-care is not just about bubble baths and face masks (although those are wonderful, too!). It's about making intentional choices that prioritize your needs, replenish your energy, and help you navigate the complexities of everyday life with grace and resilience. So, tune in, relax, and embark on this self-care journey with your host, Kate Dudley as she gains a unique perspective from military spouse and caregiver Lauren Fagan and HOPE’s Director of Physical Wellness, Sports and Recreation, Jenna McDonald. Join us to get your monthly dose of HOPE. Give us a follow to keep up with drop dates for future episodes.Self-care. What is that, truly? Check out Lauren's most recent blog: https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/self-care-what-is-that-truly-military-spouse-and-caregiver-lauren-fagan-breaks-it-down/
2. Unbreakable | A Veteran's Journey to Overcome PTSD32:28PTSD affects millions in the United States today. According to the VA, due to the nature of their work, veterans are more likely to develop PTSD than civilians. On this episode of the Hope For The Warriors podcast, your host Kate Dudley speaks with a retired veteran whose battles overseas led to a mental health battle when he returned home. Join us for a real and powerful conversation.
1. Robin Kelleher | The Impetus of HOPE31:55HOPE. It's what military families need today. Join Hope For The Warriors once a month as we talk with America's heroes and those that support them. Through open conversations and honest dialogue, learn more about the topics that are most impacting the military community. Join your host and military spouse Kate Dudley as she chats with HOPE CEO and co-founder, Robin Kelleher.
Hope For The Warriors Podcast Teaser02:20HOPE. It's what military families need today. Join Hope For The Warriors monthly as we talk with America's heroes and those that support them. Through open conversations and honest dialogue, learn more about the topics most impacting the military community. Here is a sneak peek of our first episode, slated for release on May 4th.