#37 Steering Your Own Ship; Uncomplicated Life Lessons from Game-Changer, Dora Atim
What are you limiting yourself from achieving just because you don’t think you are qualified? For anyone who thinks they don’t have the experience or they don’t have the talent, this episode is for you.
Joining me on the show today is a woman who is setting a great example and inspiring young women in sport, the amazing Dora Atim! Dora is a Nike running coach, the founder of Ultra Black Running and a youth mentor with Badu Sports, a youth mentor group that provides opportunities for people of color to pursue sports opportunities. While it may seem like Dora has had an easy go at her career and easily found success, that’s far from the case. Her determination and energy to pursue her dreams are inspiring and I can’t wait for you to hear her story.
In this episode, Dora and I talk about the details of the mentorship programme with Badu Sports, her inspiration to help young people in sport, how she went from someone who had never run to a Nike Running coach, and more.
To learn more, tune in to Episode 37 of Fitness UnFiltered!
Some questions I ask:
- What has driven your interest to go down that road of helping young people in sport? (9:30)
- How did you pursue running after that? (18:08)
- Where has that taken you to today with your own running club? (39:30)
- What does the rest of 2021 have in store for you? (53:30)
In this episode, you will learn:
- About Dora’s current roles at Nike and as a youth mentor (2:33)
- Dora’s exercise journey (13:15)
- Where Dora is today (31:39)
- How Dora handles self doubt (36:22)
- The origin of Dora’s bright and fun hair colors (47:58)
Connect with Dora Atim: