#36 A Life-Long Passion of Coaching & Living Well with Secondary Breast Cancer, with Wellness Coach Mary Huckle
Joining me on the show today is my incredible friend Mary Huckle – a Wellness Coach, living with secondary breast cancer. Mary has been in the fitness industry for 16 years with many strings to her bow. Becoming a Personal Trainer was inevitable given her life long passion for movement.
Being diagnosed with any type of cancer is devastating news. Whilst it is common, I realised after talking to Mary, that I still know very little about it. Mary is working hard to raise awareness around it.
In this episode, we talk about how she got into the fitness industry after many years of working in finance; how she adapted her business in 2020; and we dive deep into what it’s like living with secondary breast cancer.
To learn more, tune in to Episode 36 of Fitness UnFiltered!
Some questions I ask:
- Tell me a little bit about the beginnings of your journey as a wellness coach. (03:18)
- How has COVID affected your business? (19:34)
- When were you diagnosed with breast cancer? (26:39)
- What is the treatment like, now, for you? (33:12)
- What’s your process of adapting to a new lifestyle caused by new treatments? (43:54)
- How do you plan ahead? How do you think around it? (49:06)
- What do you do to raise awareness on breast cancer? (58:39)
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why it’s never too late to change careers. (09:30)
- The real role of Personal Trainers and Wellness Coaches. (12:09)
- Mary’s experience with having COVID and doing chemotherapy at the same time. (24:29)
- Doing Pilates helped Mary with her cancer recovery. (29:15)
- How Mary juggles her work schedule and her cancer treatment. (40:29)
- The power of the right mindset and attitude. (52:50)
Connect with Mary Huckle: