Another Way to Play
Your Struggles are Your Strength with Julian Sado
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with “Mind-Hacker” Julian Sado. Julian’s dynamic journey took him from homeless at 15, to working in Hollywood entertainment, to celebrity fitness instructor, to a corporate Influencer. Today He is an author, speaker, and coach, helping to bring business leaders to the next level through Nuerowhyology, a combination of Neuro-Science and Behavioral Coaching.
Let’s dive into Julain’s incredible story and learn how he was able to take the struggles life threw at him and turn them into his strength.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 08:35] Opening Segment
- I introduce Julian Sado
- Owner of https://www.pivot2change.com/
- Neuro-hacking specialist
- Julian gives us a bit of his background story
- Resilience - Julian Sado
- Julian shares his experience with overcoming suicide due to a “spiritual” encounter and changing his life
- Got involved in kickboxing
[08:36 - 14:55] Flipping the Switch
- Julian shares about how he changed his life
- First felt dysfunctional within school and his family
- Decided to live like a superhero
- Julian talks about his start in entertainment
- Became an outlet
- Creating a brain distraction
[14:56 - 29:35] Overcoming Feeling with Action
- Julian tells us about his transition into Kickbox coaching
- Started by working in Life Insurance
- Began to reinvent himself again leading to depression
- Meeting Jim Rohn
- Julian talks about Jim directing him to change his thinking
- Changing feeling into truth
- Julian talks about the difference between motivated and having an attitude
- Motivation is temporary
- Challenging yourself to apply what you hear rather than just feeling it
- How to make this personal
- Figure out the root of a behavior
- Figure out if it’s bleeding out or if it’s just a scar
- Julian gives an analogy from an experience in marriage counselling
- Don’t just express feelings, talk about them
- Julian talks about recognising triggers
- Your scar is not you, it’s only brought up by certain triggers
[29:36 - 37:33] Your Struggles are your Strength
- Julian talks about his belief that you need to struggle
- Struggles are a gift
- Don’t avoid it, lean in
- I talk about my experience in the olympic village
- Julian talks about flipping from inferior to superior
- I talk about Alex Honnald climbing Yosemite’s El Cap
- From a dysfunctional childhood to pushing human capabilities
- Julian shares how this relates to his experience
- Without the dysfunction you would never have seen the accomplishment
- It’s not a struggle, it’s an experience
- There is no stress free life
- Take what you can learn from it all
[37:34 - 44:45] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The Laws of Success - Napoleon Hill
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Marcus Aurelius
- What is one thing you believe that most people don’t?
- Organised Religion
- The nature of things are all the same
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Wake up 4:11 am
- Eat, jog then work out
- Shower then start work at 8:30
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“Motivation is a mood swing but it’s not an attitude adjustment. That’s the difference between feeling motivated and having a change in attitude; Attitude is something that lasts longer than that.” - Julian Sado
“How do you take what you’ve heard, and make it applicable?” - Julian Sado
“Struggles are a gift, and if you look at it and lean in, like in boxing… it takes away the sting, if you try to avoid it, once you get hit you can get knocked out.” - Julian Sado
Resources mentioned in the episode:
You can connect with Julian on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Be sure to visit his website https://www.pivot2change.com/ to learn more about what he does and how you can become a part of it. Be sure to pick up his book Resilience if you want to find out more about Julian’s story and success.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min