Another Way to Play
The Art of Communication with Greg Rice
Our guest for this episode is the Host of The Art of Communication Podcast, Greg Rice. After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh, he was able to use his network to talk his way into the CEO’s office of a large regional bank and ended up choosing a role working with entrepreneurs.
Down the road, Greg began working with Fortune 500 clients in a variety of venues working with leading companies across a wide swath of industries to drive better innovation and improve their customer experiences in consulting and sales roles.
Let’s dive right into the episode and learn all about the Art of Communication.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 09:01] Building better connections
- I Introduce my guest, Greg Rice, to the show
- Check out Greg’s FREE body language e-course
- See links below
- The Authentic Connection Academy
- Building better connections and connect more effectively
- Understanding yourself
- Understand other people
- Vulnerability and Empathy
- Conversation Mastery
[09:02 - 27:51] The Art of Communication
- Greg talks about Working with people who are daunted with his courses
- Taking those baby steps to start and improve your communication skills
- Greg looks back on his journey to improve his communication skills
- Greg talks about the power of vulnerability and authenticity
- The turning point for Greg’s journey
- Starting his Podcast
[27:52 - 34:28] Mentorship and Coaching Keys
- Reaching out and connecting with people that can help and mentor you
- The willingness to invest in yourself
- Being willing to put in the work
[34:29 - 41:02] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- We Need to Talk: How to Have Conversations That Matter by Celeste Headlee
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Peter The Apostle
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- People who are opposed with each other actually have a lot in common
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Wake up at 6
- Do the typical morning routines
- Hit the desk at around 6:30 to do some mindful reading
- Do a workout
- Check and rewrite my to-do list
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for Social links
- Final words
“The more you are yourself, the more success, the more influence you’re going to have.” - Greg Rice
“Being vulnerable doesn’t necessarily mean sharing something that you’re embarrassed about. Vulnerability for me just means sharing a little bit more of your truth about whatever it is that you’re talking about.” - Greg Rice
“When you share that vulnerability, an amazing thing happens. Other people start opening up back to you. When you share a story and other people relate to it, that’s where real connection starts to happen.” - Greg Rice
“Do one thing at a time. Don’t try to do fifteen different things.” - Greg Rice
Resources mentioned in the episode:
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com and follow me on Instagram. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min