Another Way to Play
The Right Mentality To Start Something Big with Jas Takhar
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the Co-Founder of REC, a Canadian top residential realtor, investor and influencer, Jas Takhar. With 15 years of successful real estate sales under his belt, Jas has helped thousands of families buy, sell, and invest all over the GTA.
With a deep passion to encourage others to rise and play a big game, Jas has recently become a content creator and creates over 20 pieces of content every single day.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 07:44] Opening Segment
- I introduce guest, Jas Takhar, to the show
- Jas talks about his another way to play
- He talks briefly about The REC
- Jas shares the story about his background
- He talks about his family
- He shares the story about his first few jobs in sales and service
[07:45 - 13:49] The Beginning of the Real Estate World
- Jas talks about how he entered the real estate world
- He hit the ceiling of car sales and decided to look for more in real estate
- He sought out for mentor
- Jas shares some tips for real estate agents
- Find how you can get in front of investors, but you pick up on the peripheral business
- Get licensed but don't just focus on the commissions
- Work with investors and be the investors
[13:50- 18:44] Shutting Out the Noise and the Game Changer
- The mentality to ‘be willing to compete and win’
- Jas shares about how his parents and family planted the courage in him
- Jas talks about game changer habits during the pandemic situation
- Shut the external noise from the media
- Decide what goes into your brain
- The mindset of understanding what is in your control
- Jas talks about the culture that he builds within his team
- Behave as closely as possible to what we do when we’re actually in the office
- The importance of having thick skin to help you move forward
[18:45- 26:37] The Right Mentality to Start Something Big
- Jas talks about the right mentality of getting started at something
- The ready, fire, and aim theory
- Be willing to try new things
- We need to get started and momentum will have a snowball effect and take over
- Jas shares about the purpose of repurposing
- Making multiple content out of one conversation
- Figure out what you’re comfortable with and naturally being good at something
- Opportunity is everywhere, you need to get in the way and in front of it!
[26:38- 31:19] A Great Mindset to Start Your Day
- Jas shares about the 2 things he does every morning
- Be grateful for yourself
- Ask yourself, “How am I going to bring value to people today?”
- Jas talks about how your brain reticular activating system affects your day
- Get clarity in the same direction
- Ask people around you and your clients on how you can bring them value
- Remove the friction in the process of buying, selling and investing in real estate
[31:20 - 37:24] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Tony Robbins
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- The brain is the most underutilized muscle that we have, because most people don't realize the power of the brain and how much we need to train it.
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- go right into the shower (spend time to think in the shower)
- Spend some time playing with his children
- Drive to the office while listening to a podcast
- Make a to do list
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“Opportunity is everywhere, you need to get in front of it and in the way of it.” - Jas Takhar
“Start your day with gratitude and ask yourself how you are going to bring value to people today. ” - Jas Takhar
“The brain is the most underutilized muscle that we have, because most people don't realize the power of the power of the brain and how much we need to train it.” - Jas Takhar
Resources mentioned in the episode:
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min