Another Way to Play
The Mindset of Focus with Adam Kreek
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with Adam Kreek, an Olympic gold medalist, entrepreneur, and expert in high performance. He is also the author of The Responsibility Ethic. From winning an Olympic Gold Medal to surviving an epic rowing expedition, to getting a Stanford University education, to coaching leaders of Fortune-500 companies, his experiences are incredible.
Adam gives a lot of unique insights from these experiences to impact people and businesses. He’s a powerful coach who shows audiences how to realize their hidden potential through self-leadership. He has the passion to empower individuals to chase their ambitions and to take responsibility for their success.
Let’s dive into this episode and find out how the mindset of focus can elevate you to the next level.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 16:29] Opening Segment
- I introduce guest, Adam Kreek, to the show
- Adam talks briefly about his life
- His current routine and work
- Adam talks about his Mindset Development
- The role of family in his life especially in his athletic journey
- Took a big shift and worked in an oil rig company after highschool
- Adam talks about his journey to find his true passion
- Finding the bigger picture
- Birth-order psychology
- The importance of self-awareness
- Adam shares his career journey
- Worked in oil rigs after graduating
- Went back to University and joined the Olympic Rowing Team
- Won a lot of various Rowing Olympic medals and World Cups
[16:30 - 26:19] The Mindset of Focus and Mentorship
- Adam talks about his former coach, Mike Spracklen
- High expectations
- The idea and mindset of focus
- Focus is doing what you say you’re going to do
- Hierarchical environment
- Buy-in culture
- Pecking order theory
- Adam shares about the dynamics of the hierarchy in his team
[26:20 - 37:19] From an Olympic Winning Strategy to Successful Business Strategy
- Adam talks about how to create a hierarchy and pecking orders in the work environment
- Use the person beside you as competition and target point
- Valu identification and articulation in leadership development
- Identify and rank your personal values
- Taking responsibility of your goals and success
- Find the balance between values and goals
- Values can help to direct us to the right places
- Adam talks about his newly launched book, ‘The Responsibility Ethic’
[37:20 - 41:56] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The Responsibility Ethic by Adam Kreek
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Book by Stephen Covey
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Martin Luther King jr.
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- Let all the weak ones die, If it’s my time to go, then I’m gone.
- There needs to be a culling of the human species and we’re a little bit too sensitive in the preservation of it
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Wake up early
- Have a glass of water and coffee or matcha tea
- Have some raw oats, eggs
- Go for a walk
- Then go to work
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“Even if you have big goals, focus on the next thing you need to do.” - Adam Kreek
“Values can help to direct us in the right spaces.” - Adam Kreek
“Focus is doing what you say you’re going to do.” - Adam Kreek
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- The Responsibility Ethic: 12 Strategies Exceptional People Use to Do the Work and Make Success Happen
- Mike Spracklen
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
You can also contact him personally via email at www.kreekspeak.com/.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min