Another Way to Play
Religious Perspective on Business Ethics with Ellis Hammond
I had the pleasure of speaking with the founder of Ellishammon.com and Kingdomcapilalists.co, Ellis Hammond. Ellis started his journey as a pastor and has a desire to leverage business for supporting his ministry. Now, He has been an evangelist for his cause and helps faithful Christians to launch into the world of businesses and ministry.
Let’s jump into Ellis’ story on how our religious perspective creates an impact on building businesses and investments.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 05:35] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce the guest, Ellis Hammond to the show
- Ellis talk about how his journey first started
- As a pastor, the reasons why he invested in real estate
[05:36 - 17:19] Religious Perspective on Business Ethics
- Ellis talks about what made him realize to invest in real estate despite the stigma around having a lot of money or wanting a lot of money in a faith-based community.
- a huge misconception about wanting or having a lot of money based on faith orientation
- What it means about you as a person
- Ellis gives fantastic advice on how to shift your mindset from religious beliefs to be committed to building wealth
- The books you read and the people you hang out with.
[17:20 - 22:12] How To Scale Real Estate Investment To Make A Larger Assets
- Ellis talks about the scaling part of buying a smaller number of properties are more risky or more work to do than going to a bigger number of units
- went in a very different trajectory, from buying 2 units to 140 apartment units
- how larger deals are easier than smaller deals
- Ellis shares valuable advice on how to make larger assets
- A partnership of third party management company who is an expert at that business of syndication
- Leveraging skillsets
- Help other passive investors begin to get started investing passively in larger deals
[22:13 - 34:39] Applying Right Perspective, Value, and Faith In Entrepreneurial World
- Ellis gives inspirational advice about not to underestimate your value in life
- Ellis shares about his realization of what successful people have in common
- It depends on the mindset
- Ellis shares interesting insight on how he sees himself over the next year where his main focus is to develop building a team and building his community.
- Ellis shares about an insight about advertising himself as a person of faith, how he handles evictee tenants or raising rents.
[34:40 - 41:03] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Grant Cardone, he challenges me to think in a bigger way
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- this idea of Kingdom capitalism
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- Brush my teeth, make coffee, jump a call to entrepreneurs, read scriptures or meditate, go to gym, and have breakfast.
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
- Final words from me
“Money can't be bad if people who are really trying to do really good things with their life need capital in order to move forward their mission” -Ellis Hammon
"Somebody has to be focused on building wealth in leveraging that wealth for the good of others, or nothing in this world happens" - Ellis Hammon
“We should be maximizing our resources and trying to get more resources so we can maximize them even greater” - Ellis Hammon
“It's the unknown that keeps people from really thinking bigger” - Ellis Hammon
“The journey is actually a pursuit of mastery, and mastery never ends” -Ellis Hammon
“The best reward is just getting through the journey” -Ellis Hammon
“Ambition can be both an absolute superpower, but can also be your kryptonite” -Hans Struzyna
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Kingdom Capitalists
- Passive Investor Due Diligence Checklist
- The Millionaire Mindset (Amazon)
- Think and Grow Rich (Amazon)
- David Goggins Audio Book (Amazon)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success (Amazon)
- Grant Cardone
- Schedule a call with Hans
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min