Another Way to Play
Passion and Purpose with Jim Nelson and Rene Agredano
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the founders of Tripawds.com, Jim Nelson, and Rene Agredano. Jim and Rene are a husband/wife team who went through a painful experience when their dog, Jerry received a bone cancer diagnosis. They decided to travel and spend the last days of their dog’s life seeing some beautiful places. The experience took them around the world and they created a community with other pet owners who are going through a similar thing. They sell products that specifically serve pets with three legs and encouragement for the owners through their amazing community!
Let’s dive into Jim and Rene’s story where unintentional events turned their passion and purpose into a full-time labor of love.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 08:12] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce guests Jim Nelson, and Rene Agredano into the show
- Jim and Rene share their background story
[08:13 - 15:16] Meeting their dog Jerry.
- Jim and Rene share their life story on how they managed their career transition
- Jim and Rene talk about how did they end up getting a dog
- Jim and Rene share an interesting story about taking a lot of adjustment of having a dog
[15:17 - 22:34] Travel journey with their dog after the cancer diagnosis.
- Jim and Rene share their painful story when they found out that their dog had a bone cancer
- Jim and Rene’s decision to travel with their dog, Jerry to spend the last days of his life.
- Jim and Rene share a fantastic experience of traveling with Jerry for 2 years after the diagnosis
[22:35 - 33:35] Turn passion and purpose into a full-time labor of love
- Jim and Rene share their journey as they sell their business and took a risk to be a digital nomad
- Jim and Rene mention about how they came up with tripawds.com website see below for link
- Jim and Rene give a fantastic insight between a passion and purpose
[33:36 - 40:10] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Jim - Be more dog and pet amputation handbooks
- Rene - Dave Ramsey's book, total money makeover
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Rene - Oprah Winfrey. I'm amazed at what the Empire she has built.
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- Jim - I believe we can actually talk to our animals
- Rene - Having kids does not make your life complete
- Morning routine, How do you start your day?
- Jim - A matter of fighting about who's going to get up and go first
- Rene - Walking and exercising our dog walk
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links
- Final words from me
"There's a difference between passion and purpose" - Jim Nelson
“You can chase after your passion all you want” - Rene Agredano
“Everybody has a purpose” - Rene Agredano
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Be More Dog by Rene Agredano and Jim Nelson
- Be More Dog by Rene Agredano and Jim Nelson Amazon
- Dean Graziosi
- Oprah Winfrey
- Dave Ramsey’s book
- Schedule a call with Hans
You can connect with Jim and Rene on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or visit their website https://tripawds.com/about/. You can check out their books at https://bemoredog.net/about/ and visit their nomadic travels blog at https://liveworkdream.com/
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min