Another Way to Play
How to become a top closer with Kayvon Kay
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with a master of sales and closing, expert keynote speaker, and creator of the One-Call Closer Methodology, Kayvon Kay. Through his years of experience he mastered the art of sales, working with high paid consultants and influential coaches and some of the most successful closers.
Let’s jump into Kayvon’s story to get a glimpse into his world on what makes a successful salesperson and how we can use this not only in our business engagements but also in our everyday life.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 05:25] Opening Segment
- I introduce guest, Kayvon Kay, to the show
- Kayvon talks about his background and how his journey began
- Diagnosed with learning disabilities (ADD and LLD)
- Being bullied and underestimated in university
- Becoming the number one sales representative for the largest pharmaceutical company in the world
[05:25 - 15:25] Self-realization phase and entrepreneurial venture
- Kayvon talks about not being able to live out his full potential
- he found out that he was not made for the corporate world
- Entering the entrepreneurial rep and got burnt out
- Jumped into business as an online internet marketer
- Ended up with $150.000 debt
[15:26- 22:29] Entering High Ticket Closing
- Found the world of high ticket closing
- Briefly explains high ticket closing
- Being out of debt after 6 months
- Kayvon talks about his family
- He does not come from a wealthy family
- He made his way up himself
- Figuring out your natural ability
- Challenge yourself
- Jump and make a decision
- Kayvon talks about his journey towards his dreams
- He was willing to go after his dream at the risk of everyone's disapproval
- Get yourself out of your circumstances
[22:30- 31:00 ] How to be a top closer
- Connect with your prospects
- Don't act like a traditional salesperson
- It's not about how to sell, it’s about how to be the connectors
- Make them know, trust and like you
- Make them feel seen, heard and right
- Position yourself in authority as the expert to answer their questions
- Kayvon shares about his experience and how he became the salesman of the year for the largest pharmaceutical company
- It was not about the closing ratio, it's about the relationship and numbers
- Have the relationship building conversation and relationship equity with the clients
- It’s not about selling the products, it’s about getting them into a better place
[31:00- 34:45 ] How to start and build Relationship Equity
- You must be willing to hustle intelligently and strategically
- Kayvon shares his experience on how to approach
- Find the common ground with prospective clients
- Be intentional with everything you do
[34:45 - 37:51] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- His Grandfather
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- Ask for what you want, under no circumstances, be relentless and loud
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Drink coffee
- Read news
- Read a book
- Do journaling
- Go to work
What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“Anytime you have a plan B, plan A is never gonna happen. Because when plan A becomes hard, challenging, or you face a wall it’s easy to jump ship and go to plan B." - Kayvon Kay
“I had to lose everything to be able to go to that next level. I had to completely transform the person I wanted to be, and gave up who I was, so I can birth the man I was becoming”- Kayvon Kay
“To find your natural ability you’ve got to challenge yourself, put yourself in a situation where you see where you thrive” - Kayvon Kay
“Our job is not to sell the product, but your job is to offer the solution to their problem, to fix the problem is to get them into a better place. People don't buy products, they don't buy services, people buy better versions of themselves no matter what.” Kayvon Kay
“Sometimes you gotta do the thing you don't want to do, to get to the place you got to go, got to start saying the things you never wanted to say, and operate in ways you never thought you could operate in so you can finally become the person or have the things you've always wanted. “ - Kayvon Kay
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- One-Call Closer Methodology
- Master the art of high tickets sales community
- Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min