Another Way to Play
Hiring the A+ VA with Nathan Hirsch
By hiring a key team and delegating responsibility, you will get your time back and allow you to focus more on growing your business.
Today I spoke with an inspiring serial entrepreneur and expert in remote hiring and eCommerce, Nathan Hirsch. Nathan is the Co-Founder of FreeeUp.com and the OutsourceSchool. He is very passionate about helping entrepreneurs get time back in their day and building S.O.P, culture, and other necessities to bring their ultimate success.
Let’s dive into this episode and find out about the BARF method and ways to hire the A+ players.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 04:59] Opening Segment
- I introduce my guest, Nathan Hirsch, to the show
- Nathan talks about Outsource school
- Teaching entrepreneurs to hire A+ rockstars VA
- Create your process and use ours to get your time back and grow your business
- Avoid turnover and prevent issues
[05:50 - 11:40] Hiring the A+ Players
- Break down of the hiring Process
- Nathan talks about building a culture to keep the A+ players around with the BARF Method.
- B (Buy-in) - Showing them the big pictures in the company and taking ownership of the company and SOP.
- A (Appreciation) - giving appreciation, having one-on-one performance review meetings, feedback, and bonuses.
- R (Relationship) - connect with our VAs on social media and know more about their personal lives.
- F (Family) - creating a family in your business and company.
[11:41- 16:59] The Trial and Error Process in Building His Company
- Nathan talks about his background and how his story began.
- Creating a business that helps to educate entrepreneurs on how to hire and scale with virtual assistants through in-depth courses effectively.
- Nathan talks about his missteps in his business that makes him take the pivot.
- It was not hiring a team player and VA before the busy season started.
[17:00- 24:59] The Limiting Beliefs That You Have to Get Over to Reach Success
- Nathan talks about how he helps people to change their mindset about hiring team players
- Two ways to hire people:
- Hiring people to get your time back and allowing you to focus on sales, marketing, and expansion
- Hiring VA to help you to grow your businesses
- Nathan talks about the mentality of ‘no one can do besides you.’
- Nathan talks about the Merger and acquisition process of FreeUp.com
- Making sure it is a win for everyone
- Nathan shares about his current focus at the Outsource school
- Donate 3% of all of our sales to a charity project in the Philippines
- Building out three different product;
- If you could create one mandatory curriculum for students in The US to take in one semester, what would you write, and what age would you make them take that?
- Finance class as an essential skill set
[25:15 - 29:08] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Russell Brunson
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- A big proponent of very intense workout
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Wake up and grab a coffee
- Walk his dog
- Get started with the most important thing of the day
- Workout at 10 am
- Do his daily podcast
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“To hire an A+ rockstar VA, you have to focus a lot on attitude and communication skills, not just on their main skills.” - Nathan Hirsch
“The better the SOP and people that you are hiring, the better opportunities that are coming to you.” - Nathan Hirsch
“Alex Sharpen says if you think that you're the only one that can do what you do in your business, I have news for you. You’re not that special.” - Nathan Hirsch
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Get a special 15% off coupon to enroll at Outsource school by visiting www.outsourceschool.com/enroll and use the coupon code AWTP.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min