Another Way to Play
Effort and Commitment with Chris Thomson
Chris Thomson is the Co-owner and head coach of the Student Works Management Program which is a prestigious entrepreneurial training program for University students in Canada, that helps them develop necessary skills to become the leaders of tomorrow. For this episode, we talked about the importance of setting up your goals and schedule and committing to complete them.
Let’s dive right into the episode and learn how Chris has achieved success by putting in effort and commitment to things we do.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 06:14] Opening Segment
- I Introduce my guest, Chris Thomson, to the show
- Chris talks about his background and the Student Works Management Program is about
- They recruit and train students and potential leaders how to run a net profit business
- Chris shares his ideals about practical application
[06:15 - 14:44] Coaching and Managing
- The start of Chris’ journey to being a coach in the Entrepreneurial scene
- The basics and having the right mindset when creating and running a business
- Managing and coaching different generations of learners and future leaders
[14:45 - 20:38] The Evolution of the Program
- Chris talks about the early days of the business and how they began the changes
- Overcoming the stigma that comes with a lack of experience for a new business
- Prove that you can do a great job
- Commit to the program and the task at hand
[20:39 - 30:55] The Essence of Time in Business
- The essence of time when it comes to teaching and coaching
- Putting a lot of effort when it comes to achieving a goal
- Be committed to getting better everyday
- Recommendations to help people to focus and commit on their task and goals
- Set a reminder
- Work on integrity
- Work on habits
- Chris talks about the importance of understanding and coaching your employees
- Finding someone to pull you out of the mindset that holds you back
[30:56 - 36:48] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Werner Erhard
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- The potential of the next generations
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Walk the dog
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for Social links
- Final words from Chris and me
“Just because I know something, I've read lots of books. It doesn't really mean anything unless I’m actually using it in the real world and creating results.” - Chris Thomson
“There’s only two things in life that matter in life. First, set up a schedule and do it. Check how well you’re doing it.” - Chris Thomson
Resources mentioned in the episode:
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com and follow me on Instagram. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min