Another Way to Play
Delivering Values and Developing Leaders with Dr. Rob McCleland
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with The Robster himself, Dr. Rob McCleland. He is the CEO of Leader Tribe, Director of Leadership Development at Victory World Church, Past President of the John Maxwell Leadership Foundation, and also one of the Co-founders of the Streamlined Podcasts company.
With a deep passion in delivering value and developing leaders, Dr. Rob helps leaders from all over the world to build phenomenally effective trust-based teams and create a culture of empowerment in which younger leaders thrive.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 10:05] Opening Segment
- I introduce guest, Dr. Rob McCleland, to the show
- Dr. Rob talks about his another way to play
- He talks briefly about his life value and vision
- Dr. Rob shares his background
- He talks about his family
- He shares the story about his high school and athletic journey
- He shares about Jane Hammer and how he got into college
[10:05 - 18:39] The Transformative Phase
- Dr. Rob talks about his college life and self-realization journey
- Pursuing and questioning the existence of God
- Spiritual transformation and encounter
- Taking the step of faith
- Bridging the gap to find yourself on the inside
- Be eager to learn
- You could actually learn anything you want to learn
- Leaders as lifetime learners
[18:40 - 25:44] Leadership Studies and Faith Perspective
- Dr. Rob talks about life in between college and PhD
- He talks about the values he got from his former boss, Rick Porter
- Dr. Rob shares about his life and success in New York City
- He talks about his position as VP and the chances that he took
- The importance of investing in your employees
- He talks about his experience in meeting some big businessmen and joining their side projects
- Dr. Rob talks about the people that pushed him to take a PhD in Leadership studies
- How he met the people that pushed and sponsored him to get his Master’s degree
- Leadership studies and faith perspective
- Dr. Rob shares the story about being the youngest executive VP in a global company and went back to get his PhD
[25:45- 31:14] Expanding the Leadership Curriculum All Over the World
- Dr. Rob shares the story about his interview and journey with John Maxwell Foundation
- Taking your shot and opportunity wholeheartedly
- He talks about the initiative to ensure leaders from all 196 countries of the world were training others inside the borders of their respective countries
- Dr. Rob talks about his heart to train young leaders
- Helping people become who they were meant to be on the inside
- Dr. Rob talks about conquering insecurities,
- How to turn your fear and stress into the energy that’s going to help you perform your best
[31:15- 37:20] Delivering Value and Developing Leaders through Business and Projects
- Dr. Rob talks about his current projects
- Business gathering speaker
- The key is to be motivational and tell the truth
- High-level executive coaching and consultation
- Organizational alignment problem
- Dr. Rob shares about the testimonies he got from his partners
- Streamlined Podcasts
- Working with 4 champions in leading the company
- Driven by the desire to serve
- Be a 9 and 10 to others
- Build a team that loves to work there and love them back
- Over-deliver, add value to people and have fun doing it
[37:20 - 43:01] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- Leaders Legacy Book by Barry Posner and James M. Kouzes
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Winston Churchill and Martin Luther King
- What is one thing you believe that most people would disagree with you:
- The more you intended to help and add value to others the more it's going to add value back to you in the long run
- Morning routine; How do you start your day?
- Get up early, and have quiet time for 30 minutes
- Reading Wall Street Journal and some online research sources
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for social links.
- Final words from me
“If you love your employees more than they love themselves, if you will keep investing in them and do what's best for that person then you don't have to worry about your business because the business will take care of itself. ” - Dr. Rob McCleland
”The more you intend to help and add value to others the more it's going to add value back to you in the long run. ” - Dr. Rob McCleland
“Leaders are learners, they’re just lifetime learners. As soon as you stop learning you stop leading as well and it will just drain away unless you stay up on your game.” - Dr. Rob McCleland
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Leaders legacy Book by Barry Posner and James M. Kouzes
- John Maxwell Leadership Foundation
You can also contact him personally via email at email@example.com.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min