Another Way to Play
Content Marketing in the COVID Era with Tyler Basu
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with the co-founder of Influence and Scale, Tyler Basu. Before starting his content marketing agency, Tyler, like most of us, was figuring out how to earn more money. Tyler dropped out of college to start learning about sales and real estate while starting content creation as a hobby. Tyler is now a content marketing strategist for 6-7 figure businesses to help them attract more customers and get more leads.
Let's dive in and learn from Tyler how you can up your game in online marketing, especially in this COVID-19 era.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 10:31] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduced guest, Tyler Basu, to the show
- Tyler talks about how his journey began
- Studied Business Management in College before dropping out
- Did door-to-door sales
- Tyler shares what pushed him to learn sales
- Studying real estate to be a realtor
- Started creating contents as a hobby while working as a realtor
[10:32 – 21:59] Transition to the Content Creation World
- Tyler talks about why he got into content creation
- Started blogging about his interviews with entrepreneurs
- Build your platform based on your passion
- If you are considering starting a content marketing strategy or if you’re in the early phases, here are some tips and advice from Tyler.
- Let's hear what the stages of the funnel are from Tyler's point of view
- Top of the funnel
- Middle of the funnel
- Bottom of the funnel
- Tyler talks about starting his content marketing agency
- If the goal is to be an entrepreneur, you have to think and act like an entrepreneur
[22:00 – 37:15] Content Marketing in the COVID Era
- Tyler talks about the changes he noticed during this COVID pandemic
- Invest in growing your audience to reap the rewards when things start to settle down
- Tyler talks about attending an event in San Diego
- The time it takes to convert someone into a customer
- Getting people's attention little by little with your content
- How am I supposed to build this massive funnel? How do I build these relationships with people?
- Tyler gives powerful advice that you don't want to miss!
- About that call to action; that next step. Is there a level which is too much?
[37:16 – 41:54] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and Built to Sell
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time, past or present, dead or alive, and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Will Smith. Dude's got a solid work ethic
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- You need a funnel
- Morning routine, how do you start your day?
- Morning is like family time. Making them breakfast and having breakfast together before I get off to work
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See below for links
- Final words from me
"I learned that if the goal is to be an entrepreneur, you have to do what an entrepreneur is supposed to do based on their specific stage in business. Rather than just rush to create content cause you feel like that's what you should do, like have the strategy first before you just tackle creating content." – Tyler Basu
"Don't like, just put out content cause you think it's helpful or valuable or whatever and then see who it attracts. Like, start with the end in mind and ask yourself, 'who is my favorite kind of person to work with? What's the best client that I can get from my product or service that I have?' and then answer that question." – Tyler Basu
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Influence and ScaleRich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Chatting with Champions
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Built to Sell
You can connect with Tyler on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also visit his website https://tylerbasu.com/. Grab Tyler's free training resources to help you in your content marketing at https://influenceandscale.com/. You can also check out and listen to Tyler's podcasts, Chatting with Champions, Lifestyle Business Magazine Podcast, and Influence and Scale Podcast.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min