Another Way to Play
Authenticity Resonates with People with Matt Leighton
Today I had the pleasure of speaking with real estate agent from The Battle Group, Matt Leighton. Born and raised in Arlington, Virginia, Matt started his real estate career there. Matt focuses on attracting people with the same personality as him, and firmly believes that as an agent, you must focus on the clients' interests over yours.
Let's dive right into Matt's story of rocking the mindset, “If it does not happen now, it's just not yet.”
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 – 11:22] Opening Segment
- I talked briefly about valuable information that you can take advantage of in this episode
- I introduce guest, Matt Leighton, to the show
- Matt talks about his background and how his journey began
- Born and raised in Arlington, Virginia
- Studied marketing at James Madison University
- Took a sales job before getting into real estate
- Matt shares his passions
- Washington Capitals Hockey
- Arlington County
- It's not about gaining followers, but building a community
- Being true to yourself and showing the truth to your audience
[11:23 – 18:31] Authenticity Resonates with People
- If you've just started in real estate or whatever hustle you're in, here's Matt's advice for you is
- Get a mentor
- Treat clients as a human being, not a transaction
- Matt’s goals to reverse the real estate agents' stigma
- Caring for the clients. Putting their interests ahead of yours
- Matt talks about his mindset when dealing with clients
[18:32 – 35:56] Focus on the Audience You Want to Attract
- Matt shares why he got into YouTube and the purpose of his channel
- To attract people and show what he can offer
- How has your channel evolved, and how has the kind of content you are producing changed over the last five years?
- Video marketing gives a face and a voice to the brand
- Providing value-added content with no expectations in return
- Matt gives us a view of the process of creating his content and the equipment needed
- Going for progress instead of perfection
- We talk about a video on Matt's channel
[35:57 – 42:31] The FOCUS FIVE Segment
- What book have you gifted most often?
- The dichotomy of Leadership by Jocko Willink
- If you can get an hour of somebody's time and ask questions, who would that be and why?
- Abraham Lincoln. Just imagine how divisive it was when the nation was pit against each other
- What is one thing that you believe that most people would disagree with you on?
- I think eating by yourself is a colossal waste of time and I'd rather spend my time working
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine; how do you start your day?
- Getting up, drinking 32oz of water, and stretching
- What is the best place we can connect with you online?
- See links below
"I'm not in it for, like, right now. I'm in it for when the time actually does happen. So, if it doesn't happen now, it's just not yet." – Matt Leighton
"People don't resonate with perfection; they don't relate to it. I think they relate more to a genuine video." – Matt Leighton
"Don't compare your day 1 to someone else's year 5." – Matt Leighton
Resources mentioned in the episode:
You can connect with Matt on Instagram. If you are interested in getting into real estate or buy and sell in the Arlington, Virginia areas but don't know where to start, check out his YouTube channel, or visit his website https://themattleighton.com/.
LEAVE A REVIEW + help someone who wants to explode their business growth by sharing this episode or click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Are you working HARD but not really moving the needle on anything? You should check out my POWER LIST and find out how you can get more done to move your business, project, or relationship closer to where you want it to be. Let’s go!
To know more about me and all the real estate opportunities you can find, check out my website at Hansstruzyna.com. Get the chance to talk with me for FREE. Set up a call using this link https://calendly.com/h-struzyna/15min