A Gamer’s Story
How to Be Serious About Playing Games with Bradford Carlton
During his time in college, Bradford Carlton played religiously 8 hours a day of WoW; he was a guild leader. He was doing recruiting, budget management, strategic planning, quality reviews, and more. But then, after getting into Law School, he committed to being an attorney, and he did it with tremendous success. Bradford learned how to use this new tool, "the Facebook," and his law firm exploded in no time. He was doing presentations on client acquisition and digital marketing; life was great. He had the money, house, and family until one day, an extreme situation put things in perspective, and Bradford realized that to find happiness, he needed to connect with who he was, a gamer.
Bradford Carlton is a Business Coach and Consultant, and Host of The Gamerpreneur Podcast. He uses his podcast and vlog to provide gamers with business, sales, and marketing information. Bradford is also the Founder of Carlton Family Corporation. Using his background as an attorney and his experience in business and marketing, Bradford coaches gamers to generate sales, turn those sales into advertising dollars, and bring more gamers into the world of being a Gamerpreneur.
In this episode, we talk about how gaming affected Bradford's life and shaped his career. He shared his background in business, his early success in digital marketing, and why he decided to use his knowledge to help other gamers be successful entrepreneurs.
Tune in to Episode 9 of A Gamer's Story and listen to Bradford's evolution from gamer to a lawyer to consultant and to gamerpreneur.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How did you go from being a lawyer to gaming? (2:46)
- Do you still play games often? What games do you play? (16:44)
- What are things a listener would be surprised to learn about you? (20:49)
- Where do you see the gaming industry headed? (31:44)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Bradford's fantastic journey into gaming (3:01)
- The creation of The Gamerpreneur. When Bradford decided to talk to the person behind the controller (10:16)
- What are the games Bradford plays, and how it is to be a father being a gamer (16:45)
- The importance of giving credit to those who fought so hard to make games more mainstream (30:48)
- The Gamerpreneur website
- The Gamerpreneur Podcast
- The Gamerpreneur Twitter
- The Gamerpreneur YouTube
- The Gamerpreneur Instagram
Connect with Bradford: