A Gamer’s Story
Bringing Esports Gaming To the Masses with Ben Feferman
Although esports is a small part of the gaming ecosystem, it is already a multi-billion industry, and it has a tremendous potential to grow even more. Competing against other players in an esports arena, with a captivated audience, and on a stage prepared just for the competition, is an incredible experience every gamer should have. That same experience, among many other services, is what our guest, Ben Feferman, provides at Amuka Esports, the company he created and directs.
Ben Feferman is the CEO of Amuka Esports, a Startup Advisor, a Sales Ninja, and a Mycophile in training. Amuka's ecosystem is as complete as varied, including Waves Gaming, Canada's first esports arena, EZY Mode, Windsor Ontario's first and only esports lounge. They create quality content made with love by gamers for gamers like Made in Esports and Esports Apparel. Amuka also provides training and education in esports, organizes tournaments, adding value to gamers' lives in every way possible.
In this episode, we had a fantastic conversation about competitive gaming, how it has changed the gaming industry so far, and its immense potential to change it even more. Ben kindly shared his view on where he sees the gaming industry headed, the future of VR, consoles, and mobile gaming. We also explore the possible crossovers between gaming and traditional sports and the positive influence experiences like iRacing's can have shortly.
Tune in to Episode 16 of A Gamer's Story and take a deeper look at competitive gaming and the future of gaming itself.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Where does esports fit into the gaming world? (1:36)
- Could you expand on what made you want to start an esports business? (5:05)
- What's the goal of your business? And what service does it provide? (8:36)
- What do you think is missing in esports? And where can it grow? (17:09)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Companies prioritizing accessibility. Valorant's example of lowering their graphics quality to increase accessibility (4:16)
- Making people with regular jobs feel like pro gamers (9:53)
- Why the audience is so crucial at esports events (16:41)
- PS5 will be probably the last console ever made (21:58)
- Amuka Esports website
- Amuka Esports Twitter
- Amuka Esports Instagram
- Amuka Esports Facebook
- Amuka Esports YouTube
- Amuka Esports LinkedIn
Connect with Ben: