YogaLife S2 E8: Forgiveness
Dawn and Alex discuss Forgiveness this week.
How this is part of yoga might create a bit of a mindset shift. This episode and practicing forgiveness may cause triggers, but by finding what triggers us we learn more about ourselves and continue to learn and grow.
Dawn and Alex cover:
What forgiveness is, why it's yoga, how it fits with your practice and how to go about forgiving someone or yourself.
Lisa Angel, 5 year journal: https://www.lisaangel.co.uk/5-year-a-thought-a-day-vintage-memory-book
Caffeine shampoo: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpecin-21121-Caffeine-Shampoo-250ml/dp/B000ORQY0E/ref=asc_df_B000ORQY0E/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=313291920147&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1574818223740226379&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006964&hvtargid=pla-432905256134&th=1
Alex Howarth Yoga, 5 Step Meditation: https://www.alexhowarthyoga.com/store/p49/5step.html
View all episodes
4. YogaLife S3 E458:21A wonderful conversation between Alex and Catherine Rolfe about all things meditation. They talk at length about the wonders and difficulties of a meta meditation, on how to fit meditation into every day life and what Catherine will be offering at the Norwich Yoga Festival in August. References: Cyndi Lee - https://www.cyndilee.comB J Fogg - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._J._FoggDavid Hamilton - https://drdavidhamilton.comHolly Bedford - https://www.catherinerolfeyoga.co.uk/a-day-of-yoga-on-the-suffolk-coast/Viktor Frankyl - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_FranklAnna Mathur - https://www.annamathur.com/the-reframing-anxiety-course/
3. YogaLife S3: E342:18This week Alex has a conversation with Shani Bella. A breath work specialist and expert in the feminine energy. Shani talks about her own journey that has lead her from a high masculine energy life, to one where she feels her true self. If this is something you know very little about, this is a great episode to get more of an idea why energy is so important and how embracing our true self really can change your life. Shani is hosting one of the Guest Speaker talks at the Norwich Yoga Festival, on Breath work and then holding a women's circle in the Zen Tent. References: Shani's Website: https://shanibellacoaching.co.uk/about/Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_shanibella/Norwich Yoga Festival: https://www.norwichyogafestival.org
2. YogaLife S3:E247:10This week Alex interviews Jodey Simmonds, the creator of Inner Fharmacy. Jodey and Alex discuss Ayurveda and how much it can impact us day to day. By learning more about this ancient science we are able to better understand not only ourselves, but those around us too. Find out more about Inner Farmacy, and everything Jodey has to offer at her website: https://innerfarmacy.comOr come and meet Jodey at the Norwich Yoga Festival on August 6th 2022: https://www.norwichyogafestival.org
1. YogaLife S3:E133:04YogaLife Podcast is back but with a new look for Series 3. While Dawn is growing a human, Alex decided to plan the Norwich Yoga Festival, after a month or so of planning, Alex realised she was meeting and having the most wonderful conversations with Norfolk based yoga teachers and small business owners and decided that sharing their knowledge with you was the right thing to do. This week Alex talks to Kelly Tabiner, a Norfolk based Life Coach, and the two discuss what a life coach is and the similarities between practicing yoga and embracing the lessons a life coach has to teach you. Kelly Tabiner - Book a Free consultation: : https://www.kellytabiner.comNorwich Yoga Festival - https://www.norwichyogafestival.org
10. YogaLife S2 E10: Manifestation55:51On this weeks episode Dawn picks Alex's brain about Manifestation. Alex is a big fan of the concept and Dawn isn't so sure, enjoy a conversation about a buzzword that's been floating around for a while now, and decide for yourself if manifesting is how you get your dream life. References: Fra Kost, Norwich cafe: https://fraakost.co.uk
10. YogaLife S2 Bonus Episode 2: Sleep Workshop24:04A slightly different episode today. This week Dawn and Alex received some devastating news, and have taken the time to get back to a better headspace before recording the final episode of the season. So this week you get a sneak peek into an AHY Workshop on Sleep and it's impact. This episode is made up of highlights and snippets from the Sleep workshop Alex hosted with a group of yogis on her 6 month challenge. Want to know more about the challenge, head to www.alexhowarthyoga.com/habitchallenge. Please bare in mind you will hear other voices, not just Alex's on this episode, and the opinions expressed on the episode are those of 3rd party individuals and may or may not conflict with the views of the YogaLife Podcast. Other references include: Why we sleep by Matthew Walker Lumie Light: https://www.lumie.comCalm App: https://www.calm.comHeadspace App: https://www.headspace.comBody Thrive by Cate Stillman
9. YogaLife S2 E9: Energy54:16This week Dawn and Alex discuss energy. This includes the energy you feed yourself, how you get more energy, but also how you spend your energy. With self care, socialising, yoga, exercise, sleep and breath work as just a few of the topics covered on this episode, it certainly offers a lot of food for thought. References: Wim Hof: https://www.wimhofmethod.comWhy we Sleep by Matthew Walker: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-We-Sleep-Science-Dreams/dp/0141983760Alex Howarth Yoga: https://www.alexhowarthyoga.com/classschedule.html
7. YogaLife S2 E7: Creating Habits01:03:49Dawn and Alex discuss creating new habits, how to break them down, finding you why, creating a community and why it's important to be kind to yourself during the process. References: Wim Hof: https://www.wimhofmethod.comAtomic Habits by James Clear: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atomic-Habits-Proven-Build-Break/dp/B07J1XQSNK/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=55203490952&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwn8SLBhAyEiwAHNTJbdKHiffCgpubkph7Jn6GgBt625UHoFx8P66PP5qRuDXwnwKAu2xAghoCoAwQAvD_BwE&hvadid=267143331518&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006964&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17241158533464330723&hvtargid=kwd-484824757107&hydadcr=11859_1766765&keywords=atomic+habits&qid=1634804867&sr=8-1