16. ABIDING: A Trauma Recovery Podcast37:12Did you turn your back for a second and suddenly your baby is an adult?? Time to Abide.We have another episode of ABIDING dedicated to this time of year, when little ones are settling back into school...and not so little ones are leaving home for the first time...leaving their parents in the fabled Empty Nest. But as always help us at hand, this time we are delighted to have the CEO of MIND Mid Herts, UK, Ms Sharn Tomlinson here to share her personal and professional experience to help and support you or perhaps someone you know who may be going through this sad time. Sharn also guides us through the Five ways to wellbeing | New Economics Foundation which is a truly amazing piece research that proved if you practice these 5 things you will maintain a healthy mind!While we are here: this little podcast network has just turned ONE YEAR OLD. As a wee birthday present can you leave a comment on whatever platform you found this episode if you have enjoyed any episode? If you want to delve a little deeper: a very interesting new health research projects of the past decade or so has looked at how exactly exercise makes us feel good. Research shows that there appears to be a clear scientific reason, that we can see at a cellular level. When muscles contract, they secrete chemicals into the bloodstream. Among these chemicals are myokines, which have been referred to as “hope molecules”. These small proteins travel to the brain, cross the blood-brain barrier, and act as an antidepressant. They do this by improving our mood, our ability to learn, our capacity for locomotor activity, and protect the brain from the negative effects of ageing. This has been referred to as “muscle-brain cross-talk” The secret to why exercise is so good for mental health? ‘Hope molecules’ | Devi Sridhar | The Guardian Devi Sridhar is Chair of Global Public Health at the University of Edinburgh.
View all episodes
15. ABIDING: Back to School and S.E.N.38:47We are continuing with our BACK TO SCHOOL theme here at ABIDING, brought to you by the WHAT HEROES DO...PODCAST NETWORK.Last time we talked about Separation Anxiety in little ones who have issues, some which may be underlying, saying goodbye to their parents at the school gate. This time we welcome Special Educational Needs (SEN) Co-ordinator, Suzanne Swanepol to guide our listeners through the current eduactional environment and how every educator wants the very best for the children in their care. Sometimes a child will need additional support with their learning and/or behaviour...and that is fine.Suzanne will put all parents at ease and explain every child is a wonder, and that there is no shame or guilt to be had in being contacted by a school's SEN Department, who are ready to offer their professional, empathetic support, as we endeavour to take out the stigma out of SEN. Enjoy.
16. WHAT HEROES DO...TALKIN' THE HOLLYWOOD STRIKES37:32The HOLLYWOOD STRIKES continue to rumble on delaying film and TV shows but more importantly preventing honest hardworking folk - actors, supporting artists, tradesmen, caterers, make-up artists, VFX artists - from earning a living.THE WHAT HEROES DO PODCAST NETWORK (celebrating our one year anniversary)'s very own LEGAL EAGLE, LUKE The Lawyer ENGLISH and CINEMA SCHOLAR Glen Dower break down what is actually going on and keep it simple...Enjoy!#sag #hollywood #hollywoodstrikes #streamers #strikeaction #netflix #amazon #disney #unions #actorsunion #wga
14. ABIDING: Back to School and Separation Anxiety44:28Its the time of year many parents dread (and some celebrate...): Back to School! With many Nurseries, Schools and Colleges having welcomed back students of all ages; it is important to remember the Little Ones, who are saying Goodbye to Mummy and Daddy for the very first time and starting a new routine, or returning to a routine after 24/7 attention over the summer holidays. This can be a very difficult time for young families, for both first time parents and experienced ones.But help is at hand. The ABIDING podcast warmly welcome SAMIA CHALOUHI, the CEO of officially Outstanding FUN FIRST NURSERY, Doha, Qatar. Samia offers help, support and guidance on SEPARATION ANXIETY.Ranging from Soothing Strategies for 1 - 2 and 3 - 4 year-olds, to the Five Wrong Ways to Say Goodbye, and specific advice on how different children express separation anxiety including "The Crier" and "The Silent Observer", Samia's experience and knowledge will be a great help and support to both parents and educators everywhere!!! Enjoy.#parenting #parentingdoha #separationanxiety #backtoschool #backtoschoolanxiety #funfirst #funfirstnursery #doha #podcastsdoha #childcare #childcaredoha
15. WHAT HEROES DO...AHSOKA MIDSEASON REVIEW!54:54WHAT HEROES DO...we tackle AHSOKA at this midpoint through her maiden season! Things just got a whole lot more STAR WARS-Y!! The late great Ray Stevenson continues to absolutely crush it in this one of his final roles as BAYLAN SKOLL - a unanimous fan favourite, as is 'educational' droid, HUYANG, voiced by the 'new' DOCTOR himself, DAVID TENNANT.We explore what this show has got right with its view of the new political landscape in a galaxy far, far away (but where are HAN and LEIA to help out?!)...aswell as Arthurian Witchcraft, what it means to fall between the Dark and Light Side of The Force, and what is evil regenerative Sith Dust...
13. ABIDING: A Trauma Recovery Podcast37:56It is a great pleasure to welcome JOE TRUAX to the What Heroes Do Podcast Network, and on this episode of ABIDING. He is putting himself out there to help and support males of all ages by helping them find their place in the ever-changing world. He is starting Stateside and doing his best through his organisation, GuyCry and has already established the amazing community actively using https://www.reddit.com/r/GuyCry to help men grow and become more and more emotionally intelligent, and is currently working on organizing in-person AA-type group meetings as part of a nonprofit program. Men everywhere need all the assistance that Joe and his team can give them. You can check out his podcast here:Fountain https://fountain.fm/show/xKNyXzkReLkc... Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast... Anchor https://anchor.fm/guycry Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/0HVsmfM...And you can contact Joe at: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephtruax#mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #menshealth #mensmentalhealth #GuyCry
12. ABIDING: A Trauma Recovery Podcast39:30ABIDING returns with special guest, Emma Hamel. Emma has often been called an 'enabler', as she can take you on a wonderful journey to discover yourself, gain resilience, and empower you to live the life you desire. Utilising the various tools and processes that she has picked up on a varied and exciting life journey; she bring support to clients who wish to lead a purposeful, happy, extraordinary life!Emma and Glen first met around 15 years ago when they worked in the high-octaine environment of...'the prepayment industry' however their lives diverged and now their paths have crossed again; as Emma offers real, practical advice on how you can improve your outlook, often by just doing 1 THING, as she discusses the 3 pillars that form the basis of her coaching service: Purpose, Health, and Happiness...ENJOY!