The Healthy Gut
Presented by Rebecca Coomes, The Healthy Gut Podcast discusses all aspects of gut health, with a particular focus on IBS and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO).
102. SIBO Bi Phasic Diet Update with Dr Nirala Jacobi | Ep. 10252:50Rebecca is joined by Dr Nirala Jacobi, creator of the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet. Dr Jacobi has just released an updated version of the diet protocol which they discuss. They review what’s new and the broader range of foods that SIBO patients can now enjoy.IN TODAY’S EPISODEThe role of the diet in the overall scheme of SIBO treatment and recovery. Can diet alone cause or treat SIBO?An overview of the updates made to the Bi Phasic Diet and whether the type of SIBO you have determines the diet you followWhen to incorporate the treatment protocol if following the SIBO Bi Phasic DietHow to manage food reintroduction when a patient reacts to everythingHow to use the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet if a patient relapses and what Phase they should go back to, and how important is diet in preventing a relapse?Should we incorporate meal spacing and intermittent fasting with the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet?Understanding the mini-course which is now available with the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet eBookThe launch of the SIBO supplement shopWatch the video podcast on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/SPJmFXK8EocRESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTGet the updated SIBO Bi Phasic Diet and mini-courseSIBO Bi Phasic supplement shopSIBO CookbooksSIBO Meal PlansSign up to The Healthy Gut Podcast membership for free
View all episodes
101. Is SIBO real with Dr Allison Siebecker | Ep. 10155:42Rebecca is joined by Dr Allison Siebecker to answer the big question: is SIBO real? Dr Siebecker is passionate about improving practitioner and patient education and shares her exciting news about her brand new programs as well as the news that hydrogen sulphide SIBO testing is now available in the US. IN TODAY’S EPISODEIs SIBO real?What can you do if your doctor does not believe in SIBO or want to test you for it? How can we educate our doctor or practitioner about SIBO?What is Dr Allison Siebecker’s new courses for patients and practitioners?How can you now get tested for hydrogen sulphide SIBO?What are the newest research projects from Dr Pimentel and his research group?RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTSIBO Practitioner Course by Dr Allison SiebeckerSIBO Patient Course by Dr Allison SiebeckerTrio-Smart Breath Test for Hydrogen Sulphide SIBO Sign up to Dr Allison Siebecker’s newsletterWatch Rebecca’s vlog of her 14 days on the Elemental DietListen to Hydrogen Dominant SIBO podcast with Dr Allison Siebecker | Ep. 83Listen to Methane Dominant SIBO podcast with Dr Allison Siebecker | Ep. 84 Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
100. What is a SIBO diet with Rebecca Coomes | Ep. 10046:30On today’s podcast, Rebecca celebrates her 100th episode of The Healthy Gut Podcast. She explores what is a SIBO diet (and what it isn’t) and the various diets that can be followed by a SIBO patient. She also discusses why some people shouldn’t follow a SIBO diet and what you should do with your nutrition after your SIBO treatment. IN TODAY’S EPISODEWhat is a SIBO diet?What diets have been designed specifically for SIBO patients?What other diets can be followed by SIBO patients?Why is diet alone not enough to treat SIBO?The pros and cons of the SIBO dietsHow to eat before, during, after treatment?Why should you consider getting tested for other food intolerances and allergies?RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTJoin our Living Well with SIBO: 5-Week ChallengeBook a SIBO coaching session with Rebecca CoomesDownload the Plant-Based Food TrackerDownload the Food and Mood DiaryRead the best SIBO diet plan blogListen to Hydrogen Dominant SIBO podcast with Dr Allison SiebeckerListen to Methane Dominant SIBO podcast with Dr Allison SiebeckerListen to SIBO Food Intolerances podcast with Sandra TengeListen to Eating Disorders and SIBO podcast with Diane RyanListen to Fast Tract Diet podcast with Dr Norm RobillardListen to Real Life Story: Before and After SIBO podcast with Lezahlee PatrickSIBO Specific Food GuideSIBO Bi Phasic DietLow Fermentation DietFast Tract Diethttp://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
99. Real life story: Before and after SIBO with Lezahlee Patrick | Ep. 9948:25Rebecca is joined by Lezahlee Patrick who shares what life was like with SIBO, before and after treatment and coaching sessions with Rebecca. Lezahlee signed up for 1:1 SIBO Coaching Sessions with Rebecca as she felt she needed extra support to help her feel great again. Today, Lezahlee is vastly improved from where she was and shares her story with SIBO in the hope it gives others motivation and inspiration to keep working at their health. IN TODAY’S EPISODEWhat life was like with SIBO before and after treatment? What events lead to Lezahlee feeling sick and realising her health had declined?What life was like for Lezahlee before she realised she had SIBO?The challenges she faced when dealing with SIBOWhy she sought the 1:1 SIBO Coaching Sessions with Rebecca Coomes and how it helped her continued recovery?How long it took Lezahlee to feel better? What life looks like for her today (after SIBO treatment) vs when she started healing her gut (before SIBO treatment)?How Lezahlee is now reintroducing foods such as onion and garlic back into her diet?Lezahlee’s words of wisdom and advice for other SIBOers who are just starting out on their recoveryRESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTVisit The Healthy Gut websiteCheck out my SIBO CookbooksCheck out my Meal PlansCheck out my SIBO Cooking Classes Watch my SIBO Cooking ShowBook a coaching session with Rebecca CoomesVisit The Biome Clinic websiteVisit Nirala Jacobi’s websiteCheck out the SIBO Bi Phasic DietListen to the podcast on SIBO Food Intolerance with Sandra Tenge Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
98. Why does SIBO relapse and what you can do about it with Rebecca Coomes | Ep 9847:11For many SIBO patients, relapse is a common occurrence. In fact, 66% of all SIBO patients will experience at least one relapse in their lifetime. Today, Rebecca discusses why SIBO relapse occurs, what causes it and what you can do about it to either prevent it, or prolong the period between relapses.IN TODAY’S EPISODEWhy do 66% of all SIBO patients relapse with SIBO?What are the common causes of a relapse?What can be done to prevent a SIBO relapse from occurring?What can you do to help manage the psychological aspects of a SIBO relapse?RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTWatch The Health Gut YouTube ChannelListen to the podcast on Adhesions with Larry and Belinda WurnListen to the podcast on Visceral Mobilisation Therapy with Alyssa TaitListen to the podcast on Migrating Motor Complex with Dr Allison SiebeckerSign up to the Living Well with SIBO: 5-Week ChallengeVisit Dr Allison Siebecker’s websiteVisit Clear Passage Physical Therapy websiteVisit Alyssa Tait’s websiteVisit The Barral InstituteBook a 1:1 Coaching Session with RebeccaListen to Rebecca’s podcasts Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
97. SIBO Food Intolerances with Sandra Tenge | Ep. 9701:01:15Today, I’m joined by Sandra Tenge, a naturopath, nutritionist and herbalist. We discuss the differences between SIBO food intolerances, food sensitivities and food allergies. For many SIBOers, they can feel nervous when it comes to reintroducing foods after following a restricted SIBO diet, so we delve into the best way to approach that and more. IN TODAY’S EPISODEWhat is the difference between a SIBO food intolerance, sensitivity and allergy?What tests can you do to determine if you have any?What the best thing to do when you’re having a reaction to food?What's the best way to reintroduce a food after not eating it for a while?RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTWatch The Health Gut YouTube ChannelCheck out the SIBO Specific Food GuideCheck out the SIBO Bi Phasic DietCheck out the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Elimination Diet Guidebook Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
96. Living with SIBO with Rebecca Coomes | Ep. 9625:04Want to learn to live well with SIBO and beyond? In today’s episode, I’m joined by some of my members of the 5 week challenge program who talk about what it was like to complete the program and how it helped them. IN TODAY’S EPISODEWhat prompted them to join the Living Well with SIBO: 5 Week Challenge?What are their reasons for signing up and joining the program?What are the key highlights that they take away from doing the 5 Week Challenge?What would they say to someone who’s considering participating in another round of the 5 Week Challenge?RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCASTJoin the next round of the Living Well With SIBO: 5 Week ChallengeThe Healthy Gut YouTube ChannelBook a 1:1 Coaching Session with RebeccaConnect with naturopath Natalie CruttendenListen to the podcast on Introducing The Living Well with SIBO: 5-Week Challenge with Rebecca Coomes | Ep. 91 Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.