The Cookbook Circle
Mezcla - Ixta Belfrage
Season 2, Ep. 8
Is fusion a dirty word? Ixta Belfrage doesn't think so, and she's gifted the world Mezcla, her debut solo book, to convince us that we should embrace fusion cusine. Stock up on chillies, peppers, and tomatoes, and join us on a very red journey through Mezcla. Get a Cookbook Circle point everytime you hear the word 'excited'. Very importantly, can we (finally) make it through a book without any disasters...?
Support us on Patreon here: www.patreon.com/thecookbookcircle (thank you!)
Music: Upbeat Funk - Infraction and Mitsubachi – Smith The Mister
4. The Ultimate Veggie Burger01:00:47Back by popular demand... we're giving the humble veggie burger the 'ultimate' treatment, and it's beans all round - just as you requested! We get blitzing (while leaving some texture) and discussing all things patties in Cookbook Circle detail, with a surprise contender coming out on top for Victoria..Let us know your favourite veggie burger recipes, we'd love to hear them!Music:Lovely Swindler – AmariàGreen Tea – Smith the MisterIntro song – "Who's in the Beany Beany Bag" – Victoria
3. Cookbook Circle Recommends... Flavour01:00:49New(ish) format incoming! There's something so special (and maybe rare) about a book which we both own, like, and cook from regularly, and so we are going to tell you all about these books in our new 'Cookbook Circle recommends...' series. How could we not bring you Ottolenghi for the first?! Let us tell you what we love about Flavour by Yotam Ottolenghi and Ixta Belfrage. We'll also tell you which members of Blazin' Squad we loved, so there's something for everyone.Help us buy limes and their derivatives by supporting us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/thecookbookcircleMusic:Smith the Mister
2. How to Be a Domestic Goddess - Nigella Lawson01:07:45Ohh Nigella, our queen of sexy synonyms, the most prepared for the school fete, the chin-drippingly good domestic goddess in all her glory - we're thrilled to return to the subject of our very first episode by discussing her second book, How to be a Domestic Goddess. Join us as we bake our way through this book, with just a few recitations of Nigella's prose along the way...If you can, help us to keep our pantry stocked by supporting us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/thecookbookcircleMusic:Lovely Swindler – Amarià
1. The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies01:03:09We're back with season three of the Cookbook Circle podcast and episode one is chewy, gooey and fresh out of the oven. The first in a series of deep dives into finding the best recipes for our favourite foods, we are talking all about choclate chip cookies! Let us know your favourite cookie recipe so we can try it.If you can, help us to buy more chocolate to chop by supporting us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/thecookbookcircleMusic:Lovely Swindler – AmariàGreen Tea – Smith the Mister
Season 3: Trailer03:31It's season threeeeeee! And we're giving you a sneak preview of our first episode... Subscribe now to be the first to hear it!Follow us @cookbookcircleMusic: Upbeat Funk, Infraction.
15. Season Two - The Finale57:12And now... the end is near... it's time to face... the season finale... Season Two, you've been a blast and chock full of contemporary, inspirational, global female women. Here we recap our highlights and lowlights of the season, as well as the books we've found ourselves coming back to. Plus a preview of what to expect in Season Three! Thank you so much to you, our lovely listeners, for joining us on our journey throughout this season. We love you and will see you VERY soon. Music: Upbeat Funk - Infraction, Smith the Mister - Floating
14. From the Oven to the Table and How to Eat a Peach01:04:47In the final full episode of Season 2, we decided to focus on food writer and cookbook machine, Diana Henry. It's another 2-for-1 special, with Victoria cooking from From the Oven to the Table and Hannah taking the fuzzy wuzzy How to Eat a Peach. As usual, it's not just about the recipes, as we range from the dating life of Girls Aloud alumni to TikTok trends - and as ever, we love you even more for sticking with us through it all! Music: Upbeat Funk - Infraction, Smith the Mister - Floating
13. Home Food - Olia Hercules01:18:10Come dine with us, little dumplings, as we tell you all about Olia Hercules' latest book, Home Food. We've been gone for a little while, but we haven't forgotten how to go off on tangents, so you can look forward to discussions ranging from our prospective applications for Love Island to cabbage tattoos. We do also talk about Home Food, promise! As we approach one year of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, you can donate to #cookforukraine here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cookforukraine Music: Upbeat Funk - Infraction
12. Dessert Person - Claire Saffitz01:14:21Are you a Dessert Person? Are WE Dessert People? Many questions as we delve into the first book from Bon Appetit baking queen, Claire Saffitz - she of Gourmet Makes fame and (did you know?) extensive academia - not before discussing the very serious subject of cookie boxes. Support us on Patreon here: www.patreon.com/thecookbookcircle (we love ya!)Music: Upbeat Funk - Infraction