Rejuvenaging with Dr. Ron Kaiser
Treating Fitness As A Priority, Not A Chore with Chad Austin
If there is a constant in almost everyone's fitness journey, it is starting with great enthusiasm and, at some point, getting lost in the way. Perhaps the main reason this happens to us is the incompatibility between fitness and wellness' visible results and the instant gratification, quick fix, easy button society we live in. Our guest, Chad Austin, found a solution as simple as practical to ensure long-term fitness success: adjusting fitness to our life, and not the other way round.
Chad Austin is a Personal Trainer, Speaker, Best Selling Author of the book "Make fitness a priority," Consistency Coach, and Owner of Priority Fitness. He was featured in dozens of podcasts throughout his career, helped dozens of busy entrepreneurs, athletes, and celebrities fit fitness in their lives and hosted the talk radio show "Be Fit...For Life."
In this episode, we explore Chad's approach to fitness, treating it more like a mindset than a chore or a thing we must do every day. We discuss why most people struggle to consistently stick to fitness routines and diet plans and what we can do to prevent this from happening. We also talk about how much time of our day we should spare for fitness, the best way to face big weight loss goals, exercising while aging, and more.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What is there about your approach to fitness that makes you different? (4:09)
- How much time does a person need to devote to fitness? (8:07)
- What's the right way to instill fitness habits into childs' lives? (26:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- There is nothing wrong with doing less. Working out hours and routines should change as we grow older (10:02)
- The heaviest weight in the gym is the front door. About the best way to deal with big weight loss goals (16:37)
- Starting the fitness journey is going through an identity change (19:54)
Connect with Chad:
Useful Rejuvenaging Resources:
- Website: https://www.thementalhealthgym.com/
- Book: Dr. Ron Kaiser -Rejuvenaging: The Art and Science of Growing Older with Enthusiasm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TEDx Talk: Aging Enthusiastically to Make the World a Better Place